People mainly Bhappas using Kartarpur corridor for shopping

proactive

2 hours ago, 5aaban said:

Some of our people have just been embarrassing at Kartarpur Sahib 

Crushing on film actresses while on a Gurdwara visit 

Doing beauty contests and discussing dramas and fashion 

I notice for most Indian Sikhs, they tend to just view historical gurdwaras as a tourist hotspot rather than an actual place to pray, I’ve seen enough videos where people are dancing at Harmandir Sahib. 

10 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I notice for most Indian Sikhs, they tend to just view historical gurdwaras as a tourist hotspot rather than an actual place to pray, I’ve seen enough videos where people are dancing at Harmandir Sahib. 

Bhappaas stretch it too far.

Some years back, a bhappaa family had Sukhmani Sahib done in their house and Ardaas was done so that some Bollywood actor and actress could marry each other.

51 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

U can call it whatever you like.

I don't hide my inner feelings.

I don't hate bhappaas.

I also don't do any harm to bhappaas.

I just don't like many of their cultural traits and behaviour.

My biggest problem with bhappaas is that they shud stop controlling panthic organizations. They hurt panth a lot by doing so.

Other than that, I wish bhappaas good luck for their life journey.

Sometimes, being brutally honest and blunt (like you and DalSingh have been) is the best way to go about things

Maybe some diplomatic/receptive jatts and 'bhape' and other rural and urban groups should form some type of 'inter-societal' Sikh forum to discuss each others' differences and learn and improve ?

39 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Maybe some diplomatic/receptive jatts and 'bhape' and other rural and urban groups should form some type of 'inter-societal' Sikh forum to discuss each others' differences and learn and improve ?

Even people of the same caste are different in cities and rural areas, if you bring up different castes entirely, they would have nothing in common except maybe roughly following the same religion.

6 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Even people of the same caste are different in cities and rural areas, if you bring up different castes entirely, they would have nothing in common except maybe roughly following the same religion.

My family is of the rural community. The ones who live/have lived in the city are still much more similar to their rural-dwelling cousins. They have a lot less in common with shehar-wale and consider themselves different.

I think it takes several generations of integration for that to change. 

You will find 'bhappe' are different to jatts and other 'pindus' even in the West . 

22 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

My family is of the rural community. The ones who live/have lived in the city are still much more similar to their rural-dwelling cousins. They have a lot less in common with shehar-wale and consider themselves different.

I think it takes several generations of integration for that to change. 

You will find 'bhappe' are different to jatts and other 'pindus' even in the West . 

Aren’t there rural khatris?