People mainly Bhappas using Kartarpur corridor for shopping

proactive

4 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

So basically the Khatris dropped the sword and picked up the cash register.

They have bred themselves from being lions to becoming tabby pussycats. 

I don't think aroras were ever some warrior caste.

I feel lots of bhappaa castes of today were never some warriors.

Even in jatts, grewals were originally rajputs but today are jatts.

Many non jatts hv started using jatt surnames.

So surnames and castes can be tricky.

3 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

It’s not genetics, the partition generation was tougher physically, spiritually, and mentally than the ones being born in Delhi. Also, let’s not forget how Sahibzade and Guru Sahib’s genetically are khatris along with men like Hari Singh Nalwa. The current generation is even weaker than the the ones who had to deal with 1984, (back then there were at least a few with a warrior spirit, but now there’s much less). 

But there's a definite Bhappa phenotype, though. You can spot them from a mile away. Don't tell me they all choose to look like that. There's definitely a consistent evolutionary aspect to it rather than just social or cultural affects. I mean, even Bollywood, with its low-IQ bluntness, has latched onto the stereotype and popularised it.

And don't drag the Gurus and their offspring into it. Did they resemble Bhappas to you?

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

But there's a definite Bhappa phenotype, though. You can spot them from a mile away. Don't tell me they all choose to look like that. There's definitely a consistent evolutionary aspect to it rather than just social or cultural affects. I mean, even Bollywood, with its low-IQ bluntness, has latched onto the stereotype and popularised it.

And don't drag the Gurus and their offspring into it. Did they resemble Bhappas to you?

Most Keertanis are from the 'Bhappa' 'castes', I think @shastarSingh?

I do notice 'Bhappas' have different facial features than rural Sikhs. They often have bigger eyelids and /or more oriental-looking eyes compared to rural Sikhs

I don't know if people who watch Bollywood think all Sikhs are like the ones they see in Film ?

Anyone able to give a breakdown of what 'castes' the Bhappe actually are? I mean, are they just Khatris and Aroras , or are there other 'castes' they share with urban Hindus ?

9 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Look, even Guru Sahib's blood descendant, (Amitabh Bachan), has shown that he'd kill Sikhs for popularity, and that's only because some Bedis decided to intermarry with Hindus; if you are talking about genetics alone.

5 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Anyone able to give a breakdown of what 'castes' the Bhappe actually are? I mean, are they just Khatris and Aroras , or are there other 'castes' they share with urban Hindus ?

Jatts who live in urban areas aren't bhappa, nor have characteristics in common with them.

Just now, Jacfsing2 said:

Jatts who live in urban areas aren't bhappa, nor have characteristics in common with them.

I know that well - what I mean is , clearly these people who have lived in urban areas for many generations, they are not jatt/tarkhaan/shimbe/nai/ghumiar/saini etc

Are they just khatri and Aroras ?