Guru ka baaz!

shastarSingh

31 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Sikhs hv been keeping baaz from Guru Hargobind Sahib jee's time.

But baaz is a strictly carnivorous.

Can vegetarian Sikhs keep baaz as a pet?

Debateable I guess. But it's born carnivorous. We're vegetarian weighted omnivores. With a choice. So holding them to our standards doesn't correlate per se.  We hold lions in great esteem. They are 100 percent carniverous. 

Now feeding them? I can see where that gets sticky. Not like it flies off for food and comes back. These days. 

Shoot. Really any Purtan skill is valuable though. I mean. What if the lights go out lines of thinking are not out of the question. 

We were smart we'd know smoke signals, have carrier pigeons all that. 

If people are just making a show of it though. Free the bird man. That bird better have a great life. I mean that's true of pets by and large. Do it right or don't you know?

And really while the internet functions our kids don't have to trap and starve or destroy as many bugs and things to learn. Zoos are getting pretty obsolete. 

Not sure if this correlates. In Aikido. You can only find the whole system a few places. Most Dojos really practice such a smaller subset of Aikido it's sometimes not very recognizeable. 

But in these little enclaves, and some of them are more empowered than others, you find these principles or practices. And sometimes they can even seem odd. But it's not for no reason they do xyz. It's usually that it's something that resonnated with that community, and also what O' Sensei was focused on in his teaching as he stayed then moved on from there. 

So these oddities are often legitimate. And almost like a little treasure housed one place. Then another community has another little treasure. It's really key to plug yourself into a full and authentic Do, Dharam, and then go treasure hunting with a deep and versed understanding so you can recognize it.