Jaat village with no sikh constructing Gurdwara Sahib!

shastarSingh

So we're simply going to have to you know stick to our guns about the Gurmat teachings of cast. etc. Jaats are already a majority of Sikhi by numbers. 

But something their tribal community is not dumb about is politics, and power dynamics, and plays, and I really applaud them for setting up this Gurudwara in advance of their mass conversion to it. They know how to do something as a group. We as Sikhs need to be more like them politically. Where we decide in house then move as a whole group. 

Sikhi aside I like Jatts. By the world standards Jatts are fine. We just need to hold them to a Paanthic Sikhi standard, a Gurmat standard, same as everyone else, and get voting and committees out our Gurudwaras and Jathas. 

18 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The Jathedar is Jagtar Singh Hawara, EDITED. 

I am sure the once Bhai Hawara comes out of jail there will be great pressure on the SGPC to accept him as Jathedar. We need to be pragmatic, until that time if the SGPC and their appointed Jathedar can help our religion expand in the Jaat areas then what is wrong with that? We do not want the Jaats to get entangled in our present disputes which will only confuse them further. We need to present a united front because one of the things which they admire most about us is our unity. 

As for the SGPC Jathedar, personally I feel he is doing well, for one. his coming from a Dalit background was enough to counter the attempt by Hindus to paint the Sikhs as casteists who had murdered a Dalit in one of the camps. He has given good statements in both the Beadbi case and the arrest of Sikhs on trumped up charges of being terrorists. Let's give him his due. Until we have our real Jathedar, at least let us utilise the SGPC one for the betterment of the Panth. 

On 1/1/2022 at 2:06 AM, shastarSingh said:

Veerji

Very nice information.

From what I hv talked with jaats, they were really impressed by medical facilities they received at kisan andolan.

May be diaspora Sikhs can fund a mobile medical team which can go to villages in haryana and help people with medical treatment, medical tests and medicines.

This will bring affection in the hearts of jaats for Sikhs.

Affection is a very strong tool to win people to your side.

Ideally, this medical team shud be of practicinh knowledgeable Sikhs who also believe in 'sarab rog ka aukhad NAAM".

We don't need fuddu leftist doctors who say that religion is secondary and it's more important to be a good human being.

Medical facilities in rural India are terribly bad.

We can send these mobile medical teams of practicing Sikhs not just in haryana but whole of india.

Its a mode of sikhi parchar as well as helping humanity.

One of the doctors who had a clinic in the farmer protests was Dr Sarwan singh an American cardiologist. He has an instagram. Contacting him about the need for medical facilities in haryana could yield results 

On 1/4/2022 at 5:37 PM, proactive said:

I am sure the once Bhai Hawara comes out of jail there will be great pressure on the SGPC to accept him as Jathedar. We need to be pragmatic, until that time if the SGPC and their appointed Jathedar can help our religion expand in the Jaat areas then what is wrong with that? We do not want the Jaats to get entangled in our present disputes which will only confuse them further. We need to present a united front because one of the things which they admire most about us is our unity. 

As for the SGPC Jathedar, personally I feel he is doing well, for one. his coming from a Dalit background was enough to counter the attempt by Hindus to paint the Sikhs as casteists who had murdered a Dalit in one of the camps. He has given good statements in both the Beadbi case and the arrest of Sikhs on trumped up charges of being terrorists. Let's give him his due. Until we have our real Jathedar, at least let us utilise the SGPC one for the betterment of the Panth. 

On 1/4/2022 at 5:37 PM, proactive said:

What did you think of this story ?