How to measure bhagti?

shastarSingh

21 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Hansali wale were a good gursikh but we don't know whether he was a brahmgyani or a sant or a decent gursikh below sant avastha.

Gyani thakur Singh was telling that one day hansali wale were sitting crosslegged for a long time. He opened his eyes and said "paani bohat charriya hoyiya c" which means water was beyond control and then he said "I tried to lower down the power of water."

I hv 2 problems with that.

1. Why will a sant tell everybody that he has the power to stop a tsunami like event?

2. If God wants tsunami like disaster to occur at some place, why shud a sant try to stop it and interfere in God's hukam/bhaanaa.?

Giani thakur Singh ji also said that some terrible destruction was about to happen to earth around 2000 but the saints did Ardaas and that destruction hasn't happened till yet.

Isn't that interfering in God's hukam?

Baba Atal Rai brought a dead friend of his to life and Guru Hargobind Sahib did not like that and told his son to die as he interfered in God's hukam

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

Giani thakur Singh ji also said that some terrible destruction was about to happen to earth around 2000 but the saints did Ardaas and that destruction hasn't happened till yet.

Isn't that interfering in God's hukam?

Baba Atal Rai brought a dead friend of his to life and Guru Hargobind Sahib did not like that and told his son to die as he interfered in God's hukam

None of them did Ardaasa to prevent the death of 6 million Jews in WWII, though. It's almost like they need stuff published in the newspapers to know what's going on elsewhere, lmao. I'd imagine if a human is powerful enough to sway the Creator's decision making, you'll know what's happening elsewhere without it being common knowledge.

2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

If this is a rhetorical question, I think the answer is a true bhagat does not tell anyone, they keep it gupt. 

Sometimes when we see or meet someone who has avastha, we get a sense of that. 

But other times, we don't have a clue. I understand this was the case with Sant Baba Hansali wale at times (deliberately ?) as they often changed the way they appeared to people/sangat

Only someone with high avastha/bhagti can recognise another one (from my understanding). 'Takes one to know one'

This is very true. There is no doubt there are Brahmgyanis but they do not go around trying to gain followers and misusing Gurbani to promote themselves. Anyone who claims to be Brahmgyani is certainly NOT a Brahmgyani. Because we misunderstand what a Brahmgyani is, we accept any Tom, <banned word filter activated> and Harry as a Brahmgyani just because they managed to gain a few gullible followers. This lax attitude will cost us dear in future as it is doing even now because these gullible followers are quite willing to think of their Baba as almost a god and are willing to do anything for their Baba. The rapist sadh has been able to gain thousands of followers because our concept of a Brahmgyani as being beyond criticism and that a Brahmgyani can do no wrong means that this fake can do any outrageous thing and his followers will rationalise his actions by giving it a mystical meaning. 

Good question. 

Now that we're talking about measurements, doing certain amount of Gurbani daily can bring merits. Infact we can be reunited with Akaal Purakh in a blink of an eye! But, it is PROVEN we can be enlightened in only 40 days. It requires certain amount of Baani to do in 40 days. Doing a certain Dassam Granth Baani daily, you can have all the forces on this planet stand for you in protection and honour in about 12 months. This is measurements of doing baania. 

I understand OP mentioned measuring SOMEONE rather than Baania itself but this is the power of quantity. You want it, you gotta do it FIRST and see for yourself. 

Of course, everything else depends on our kimtu prantu. 

9 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

No offense but kathavachiks like him probably make this stuff up for some publicity or something. I mean if he was truly Sant he wouldn't announce the hukam would he? I think it was him saying stuff like 2012 or something was the end get ready then he was like I fixed it lol. 

Isn't he the guy who said General Shabag Singh died in his arms but also said he wasn't in Akal Takht?

9 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

1984 happened due to sinful karma of Indian govt.

Natural disasters are totally under Waheguru's hukam I feel.

Karam are acquired through Hukam. Everything is hukam. Hukam brings pain and happiness. We think we have control but it is just hukam. It is just Vahguru's Natak.

As a visual representation. Watch how the free will of the attacker is never contested. It is in fact fueling the techniques. The Nage, the defender has no will, they stay in Hukam with Divine Law and that is what plays out according to nature. According to Hukam. 

Really it's like we all attack God at once, and through the mass accumulation of what we are willing to do, our wills, that Hukam takes into account in entirety, for us and all creation, and we all wake up on our <banned word filter activated> fully aware that even if Akal creates infinite beings of infinite power and they all attack him at once we all still wind up on our <banned word filter activated>. Wondering what happened. Suddenly awakened. That way moving forward there can be no mistake. There is only 1 Man. The Man. 

Mu shin. No mind. 

Sen sen no sen. To have already finished before it has begun. To operate ahead of time. 

Saso. Leading the enemies will. 

Jumbi. The set up. 

Kuzushi to connect with, and cut away all power away from the core of the attacker, take their balance, capture their mind, take their base. 

Kime. Already decided.  

Hukam. 

That crazy little bit at the end. Watch really closely. We can't even do that anymore. 

Only way to even be able to see this stuff is slow it down and watch it over and over and over.  

Please realize these are demonstrations of principles, not a fight to the death, and we protect our ukes at all times, so depending on their skill we have to make allowances for them. Make no mistake. The end result of all of this in application is an instantaneous demonstration of Hukam. Where allowances may not be made whatsoever. 

Also remember only God and the Guru are perfect. O Sensei considered himself a beginner student of this Art, not it's founder, creator, not a master. A beginner.