Sikhs, Nawabi and Moguls

SikhKosh

Majority of Sikhs on this site seem to be against 'using' Pak to further our own interests, citing issues such as grooming and kidnappings in Pak.
What would they say of medieval Sikhs who accepted Nawabi from Moghuls and the likes of Jassa Singh Ramgarhia being soldiers of of Adina Beg in the mid eigteenth century? The Mughals surely did worse things than Pak Govt/populace, and yet there seems to have been an consensus at that given time in history that alliances or strategic moves could be made with enemies (not justifying the Ramgarhia soldiering for Adina Beg though), so why would it be such an issue in this day and age ?

PS. Go through all threads I have created throughout the years before assuming I am pro Muslims or Pak. 

Sikhs didn’t have the same choices in relation to dealing with Muslims in the past. We had always lived under them as a minority until 1947. No matter what an individual Punjabi Muslim may feel towards us, the greater guiding force of Islam won’t be too far to put them back in line. I personally think they are far too shrewd to be ‘used’ by our simpleton leaders. It’s always going to be a net loss game with them. With Hindus, we currently have no choice but to work with them in the same way we worked with the Muslims in the past.

Paks are very shrewd but not more shrewd than Brahmins. They are better criminals (fraud and so on) though while Brahmins are cunning strategic planners.

There is a saying that Hindus prepare themselves before a storm comes, the Muslim saves himself during the storm and the Sikh has no clue even after the storm has passed!

In any case, a large portion of our people and 'panthic' leadership types all seem to agree with you with all the bhai-chara going full throttle. Songs, films, mosque building, Malerkotla-loving. I don't agree with any of it, but it seems most people are agreeing with you. I see it as an approaching Islamic storm. With soo much sufi-esqe cra p going strong in doaba, and all the punjabi and up-bihar-bengali muslims increasing their presence and numbers in sangrur and ludhiana, and a new found love for Pakistanis with all those youtube village tours,I see trouble.

Muslims in East Punjab need to be tamed as I have been saying for years. The migrants need to be kicked out of Punjab. A ban on Wahhabi influenced mosques, preachers and sharia panchayats. I wish Malerkotla district status could be undone as well, massive mistake.

The new found love with Pakis with the silly naive Sikhs touring you see on youtube is cringy. That is bad and will only lead to problems as you correctly mentioned in your last para.

But whether you like it or not, the closeness is already there. What about using the opportunities for furthering panthic causes ? Recovering all other historical Gurdwareh and parchar in Sindh and Punjab to convert Hindus and Christians?

It sounds great, but I highly doubt Pakis will let us gain an inch. Our remaining Gurdhams are at their mercy. They can demolish them or renovate them, we are powerless to act. I can bet you if we even try something with the East Punjab Muslims, all of our bhai-chara will be out the window overnight with Gurdwaras razed everywhere. Plus, we've allowed Muslims to grow to 700,000 (2021 estimate) in our Punjab, while they have a residual Pastun Sikh population barely 10,000.

I

8 minutes ago, Jai Tegang! said:

It sounds great, but I highly doubt Pakis will let us gain an inch. Our remaining Gurdhams are at their mercy. They can demolish them or renovate them, we are powerless to act. I can bet you if we even try something with the East Punjab Muslims, all of our bhai-chara will be out the window overnight with Gurdwaras razed everywhere. 

I

Our dumb folk were demolishing some tombs and putting videos online, some sullay were upset about that. Same way with some Sikhs disrespecting Jesus on youtube or stages. These kind of things need to be done properly and covertly.

Thats why I suggested letting RSS taking care of Muslims and Christians in East Punjab. 

We remain 'mute spectators' while retaining our saviour image (without doing anything, we've done more than enough for others), and at the same time gaining ground in Haryana, western UP and lacs of Hindus&Christians in Pak.

You'd be surprised to see how many, even non Sahajdhari, Pak Hindus are showing interest in Sikhi without a proper initiative. Imagine using the acces we've got to Pak in a proper way to reach to these millions of Sindhi Hindus and mostly dalit Pak Punjabi Christians.