Hindustani wishing 1984 on Sikhs

Kau89r8

13 hours ago, SikhKosh said:

Bagri Hindus started becoming Sikhs in Pakistan since decades, its not a recent phenomena. The Nanakpanthi Sindhis and Christians coming en masse to Sikhi (saroop wise for Sindhis) has been more of a recent thing (lets say posts 2000s).
We should not forget that a majority of Pak Christians are Dalits as well and conversion to Christianity did not help them uplift their status in society, while they're seeing multiple benefits of becoming Sikhs. Therefore proper initiatives would be good to give out tailor made parchar (it has to be slightly different per target group, just like the Gurus using different metaphors to explain Sikhi when talking to a farmer, priest or trader in Gurbani). 

You'd be surprised to know that many Sikhs who stayed back in Pak adopted Christianity instead of becoming Muslims. I've met many such Pak Christians with Sikh ancestry.

@SikhKoshJee, are you in the UK?

How have you met and talked with so many Pakistanis ?

8 minutes ago, proactive said:

The problem is that in any civil war there are always refugees. The Muslims especially from areas around Punjab like western UP, Mewat and even Jammu will definitely want to come to safety in Punjab and our liberals and Ravi Singh types will welcome them with open arms quite oblivious to the danger they present to Punjab in the future. 

Unless we are able to sideline and isolate these types of fo.ols there is no way that we would ever be able to take any advantage as a people from a civil war like situation in northern India.

I don't think Ravi Singh is a liberal. I think he's using liberalism to ends that are not Paanthic. I stood up for him a lot but over time my distrust has grown. I have but one piece to line up before I say more. Personally my verdict is out yet. I would donate to a different charity though. 

19 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I don't think Ravi Singh is a liberal. I think he's using liberalism to ends that are not Paanthic. I stood up for him a lot but over time my distrust has grown. I have but one piece to line up before I say more. Personally my verdict is out yet. I would donate to a different charity though. 

Using liberalism to ends that are not Paanthic? I thing he is using the Panth for liberal ends. His only aim now is to get a Nobel peace prize. 

So what's up with Ravi promoting himself all over the internet but no info from birth until he founded Khalsa Aid. He was in the military?

He just sticks to the same story everywhere. Punjab til 12 or whatever, then regains his faith however many years ago, then Khalsa Aid. And none of the usual banter, backstory, I was laying bricks etc. Nothing. Just the same three points, everywhere. 

39 minutes ago, SikhKosh said:

We need to put pressure on the next government in Punjab, no matter what party, to create laws that prohibit strangers from buying (agricultural) land and settling down in Punjab just like the neighbouring states like Himachal. That is a priority.

This will never happen under a Congress govt in Punjab. They are like the Democrats in the USA wanting as many migrants to come and settle because they will get their votes. Only an Akali govt could be forced to bring about such legislation but only after immense pressure from Sikhs. The other positive step would be to make 75% of all jobs being filled by an type of industry in Punjab should go to locals, the Haryana govt is passing this law then why can't Punjab. This will stop the use of cheap migrant labour by industrialists who have no care for what demographic changes they are contributing to but just care about their profits. 

The third step should be verification of all lower castes who have converted to Christianity so that the SC benefits that only go to Sikh and Hindu SCs should be stopped for them. They are converting because they receive free education for their kids in Christian schools as well as other benefits from Christian missionaries so why should they get the benefits meant for just Sikh and Hindu SCs. This will stop this Christian conversion industry in its tracks. 

Just as a piece of history, after partition SC benefits were only given to Hindu SCs. This caused many lakhs of Sikh SCs to revert back to Hinduism. Master Tara Singh had to fight an agitation in the early 1950s to gain the right for Sikh SCs to also get these benefits. In the 1930s lakhs of lower caste Hindus converted to Sikhism in UP and Punjab. In 1941 the Sikh population of UP was 252,000. But because of the SC benefits only went to Hindus SCs, these Sikh SCs reverted back to Hinduism so much so that even with the migration of Sikhs from west Punjab into UP in 1947 the Sikh population in UP fell to 197,000 in 1951 a fall of 55,000. When Master Tara Singh managed to gain the right for SCs to get the same benefits the Sikh population of UP shot up to 283,000 in 1961. The same affect would have happened in Punjab as well. 

1 hour ago, proactive said:

This will never happen under a Congress govt in Punjab. They are like the Democrats in the USA wanting as many migrants to come and settle because they will get their votes. Only an Akali govt could be forced to bring about such legislation but only after immense pressure from Sikhs. The other positive step would be to make 75% of all jobs being filled by an type of industry in Punjab should go to locals, the Haryana govt is passing this law then why can't Punjab. This will stop the use of cheap migrant labour by industrialists who have no care for what demographic changes they are contributing to but just care about their profits. 

The third step should be verification of all lower castes who have converted to Christianity so that the SC benefits that only go to Sikh and Hindu SCs should be stopped for them. They are converting because they receive free education for their kids in Christian schools as well as other benefits from Christian missionaries so why should they get the benefits meant for just Sikh and Hindu SCs. This will stop this Christian conversion industry in its tracks. 

Just as a piece of history, after partition SC benefits were only given to Hindu SCs. This caused many lakhs of Sikh SCs to revert back to Hinduism. Master Tara Singh had to fight an agitation in the early 1950s to gain the right for Sikh SCs to also get these benefits. In the 1930s lakhs of lower caste Hindus converted to Sikhism in UP and Punjab. In 1941 the Sikh population of UP was 252,000. But because of the SC benefits only went to Hindus SCs, these Sikh SCs reverted back to Hinduism so much so that even with the migration of Sikhs from west Punjab into UP in 1947 the Sikh population in UP fell to 197,000 in 1951 a fall of 55,000. When Master Tara Singh managed to gain the right for SCs to get the same benefits the Sikh population of UP shot up to 283,000 in 1961. The same affect would have happened in Punjab as well. 

So these sikh sc will convert to any religion that gives them benefits then whats the point of having these people in our religion?