Hindustani wishing 1984 on Sikhs

Kau89r8

2 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

So these sikh sc will convert to any religion that gives them benefits then whats the point of having these people in our religion?

We should care because they make up close to 40 % of our Panth in Punjab. The christians have figured out what corner of India will result in no backlash for their rice bag tactics. 

3 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

We should care because they make up close to 40 % of our Panth in Punjab. The christians have figured out what corner of India will result in no backlash for their rice bag tactics. 

In South Asia there are a certain amount of people for whom religion is not an important part of their identity and they would change their religion if there was financial advantage in it. What is happening in Punjab could easily happen all over India but the reason why this is not happening is because the these Dalits and the Christian missionaries know that the Hindutvis will get physical and the state government has the will and means to deny them the SC benefits. The Hindu liberals also don't get involved in helping the Christians because their favourite 'oppressed' community is the Muslims. 

In Punjab this is the complete opposite, the state government has no interest in the fact that a significant amount of these converts are defrauding the government coffers by getting SC benefits to which they are no longer entitled. The political parties only care about votes and these Christian organisations inflate the number of Christian votes in some areas which then allow them to blackmail the politicians into not enforcing the law against these people for fear of losing their votes. We don't have a Sikh RW like the Hindutvis and what we have are a joke and are worse than our liberals because of their lack of any foresight they are the ones who allowed these Christian missionaries to establish themselves in Punjab. Our liberals who are ever eager to be the best SJWs in India bring out the false narrative that these Dalits are converting to Christianity because of the discrimination by Jats. There are people on this forum who have been parroting this narrative for many years. 

4 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

We can never kick them out of punjab with congress in power for sure.

There is no feed to kick them out, we should be demanding that the state government enforce the law and prevent the fraudulent claiming of SC benefits by these people. This is stop this dead in its tracks. We also need to stop advancing the narrative that Jats are running around raping and abusing Dalits when Punjab has the lowest incidence of anti-Dalit violence. We also need to demand that the SGPC and other Sikh organisations more active in defending Sikhi against the onslaught of these Christian missionaries. Why are we as Sikhs not demanding that the Haveli of Maharaja Sher Singh be returned to the Panth when it is occupied by the Baring Union Christian College in Batala?

The Palace of Maharaja Sher Singh

What right had the British govt to sell this building which is a part of Sikh heritage in the early 1900s to Christian missionaries? We should be taking the offensive against the Christian missionaries just as the Hindutvis are in the rest of India. 

In the early 2000s, the same news we now get about Christian conversions in Punjab was coming out about the district of Gujarat called The Dangs when these missionaries were targeting the tribals and giving them inducements to convert and yet still keep their religion as Hindu is government records so as to still claim ST benefits. The Hindutvis first took the offensive against them by publicising the fact that these conversions were being done for inducements and they forced the government to take action against the defrauding of ST benefit. These conversions have virtually ceased and these tribals have gone back to Hinduism.

Gujarat: 144 tribals ‘reconverted’ to Hinduism in Dang | India News,The Indian Express

One of the tribals who converted to Hinduism, Ramu Chaudhary said, “I embraced Christianity around eight years ago. I was very sick at that time and the missionary people took good care of me. After I was cured, I converted into Christianity. Now I realise that since my ancestors were Hindu, why remain a Christian? Besides, our religion in government records is Hindu. There are a lot more people in Dangs who are following Christian religion but in government records they have mentioned themselves as Hindu.”

When asked about the conversion, CNI church head pastor in Ahwa taluka of Dangs district, Augustine Rajwadi said, “We have been working for the development of the tribals by giving them better education, health services. Out of total population of Dangs district (around 2.35 lakh), around 30 per cent are Christians. We have come to know about the conversion programme by Agniveer organisation in Bhogadiya village on Friday. As per our information, not all the 144 people were from the same village. We will verify the claims and send our teams to get more information.”

The Christian population is only 8% in The Dangs but note how the Christian Pastor is attempting to inflate the Christian numbers to 30% in an attempt to make their votes decisive in an election so that politicians keep their eyes shut to their activities for fear of losing their votes. His laughable attempt to try and present the reconversion as fake shows that he also understands that if these types of reconversions are publicised then all the money they spent on converting these tribals has gone down the pan. 

19 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

So what's up with Ravi promoting himself all over the internet but no info from birth until he founded Khalsa Aid. He was in the military?

He just sticks to the same story everywhere. Punjab til 12 or whatever, then regains his faith however many years ago, then Khalsa Aid. And none of the usual banter, backstory, I was laying bricks etc. Nothing. Just the same three points, everywhere. 

I went to a talk from him around 2010. I think he was an adult when he came to the UK, like in his 20's. He knew no English. 

Don't remember any other details about what he did before. I think he is a good man deep down. But his mind and views have been misled, maybe he has poor advisors.

1 minute ago, Premi5 said:

I went to a talk from him around 2010. I think he was an adult when he came to the UK, like in his 20's. He knew no English. 

Don't remember any other details about what he did before. I think he is a good man deep down. But his mind and views have been misled, maybe he has poor advisors.

To be clear I have always been on the fence about him. His bio is just punjab, 12, retrun to Sikhi, 1999 Khalsa Aid. 

Hmm I wonder if I can find that interview...

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

There is a heavy element of truth in that. Anyone with a jot of integrity and honesty (i.e. not you) will admit to rampant discrimination between these two parties going back decades if not centuries.   

No, I look at the issue without preconceived notions and bias whereas you keep on harping about this because it suits your anti-Jat agenda. Your only knowledge of this issue is some freshies on the building sites who probably realised how gullible you are and told you BS stories about how they as Jats lord over their village. 

I lived in Punjab in my younger days and this might actually shock you because you seem to think that I am some kind of Jat supremacist but like other Jat kids in my village we had friends from all castes. This is the lived experience of most  Sikhs in rural areas. I have never heard of a Jat in my village raping a Dalit woman much less your favourite accusation that Jats are going around raping Dalit women with impunity.  That is so laughable and the only people egging you on are others of your ilk who also have an agenda and like you no experience of living in Punjab.  

If what you say is correct that Jat oppression is leading to Dalit conversion then why isn't this happening in states outside Punjab? Dalits undergo oppression a hundred times worse than anything you could dream up of what Jats do in Punjab. Then the Dalits outside Punjab would be flocking to churches but that isn't the case because they know that if they convert formally then they will lose the SC benefits and the benefits they get from the Christian missionaries can never match the SC benefits. 

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

I like @proactivebut agree that to dismiss what you have said is disingenuous. 

Even in my own close family/relatives, and from what I am aware in general, there is casual discrimination/second class treatment of 'lower castes' by 'jatts'. It's maybe like the type of discrimination we hear about in the South in the US, how racism used to be in S Africa and in Australia. 

Can you give me examples of this.