Jump to content

3HO sikhs should re-convert to authentic Sikhi or drop the name


Guest Ex-Gora
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Ex-Gora
40 minutes ago, proactive said:

We need to be more pragmatic. Unlike the cults in India such as Nirankaris and the followers of the rapist sadh they do not seek to convert Punjabi Sikhs into their organisation and as far as I know they do not say that they are the REAL Sikhs and we are all fakes as some cults do. Unlike these cults they also do not harbour any animosity towards us. They are following a version of Sikhi which suits them or which they have been taught.  I look at it this way, because we have failed to do parchar of Sikhi in the west and have spent what resources we have to giving out 'free food' and attempting to become the 4th emergency service we cannot expect white people to take to Sikhi on their own.  Due to our failure, what little Sikh influence there has been it has been by Yogi Bhajan and the 3HO. Just by the very fact that we see Goray in Bana normalises out identity in the west, we lose our otherness in the eyes of the ordinary white person when white people also wear the Bana. This isn't ideal but until we have organisations working to preach Sikhi to the west then we need to accept that having 3HO Sikhs is better than no 3H0 Sikhs. The more 3HO Sikhs there are then the better it is for us because if not them, then their sons and daughters will one day become Sikhs like the rest of us. 

 

 

 

I agree with most of what you say. At some point in history, the majority of Christians were from Judea, i.e., one ethnic group. Then later on there was a time when Arians, Gnostics, and other sects were predominant in various areas over what we call mainstream Christianity today. The point isn't to say a given religion should necessarily strive to be either homogeneous or heterogeneous ethnically. Neither that Chalcedonian (mainstream) Christianity is better than its extinct rivals. The point is that without parcharaks in the west people won't know about authentic Sikhi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Ex-Gora
Quote

Yogi bahaha even told the 3ho that they have no ties, no responsibility to the Paanth. That it's just brown politics and not to get involved. To ignore the genocide and attack on Harminder Sahib. 

In who's best interest is it that Sikhs don't help each other? Certainly it isn't in Sikhi's interest.

I would guess this has to do with cult dynamics. Isolated followers won't be exposed to alternative points of view. Thus a self-perpetuating in-group culture is established.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Guest Ex-Gora said:

I would guess this has to do with cult dynamics. Isolated followers won't be exposed to alternative points of view. Thus a self-perpetuating in-group culture is established.

I would have thought in this day and age, where everyone uses the Interweb to do research, they'd be hard pressed not to encounter alterative points of views? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guest Ex-Gora said:

I agree with most of what you say. At some point in history, the majority of Christians were from Judea, i.e., one ethnic group. Then later on there was a time when Arians, Gnostics, and other sects were predominant in various areas over what we call mainstream Christianity today. The point isn't to say a given religion should necessarily strive to be either homogeneous or heterogeneous ethnically. Neither that Chalcedonian (mainstream) Christianity is better than its extinct rivals. The point is that without parcharaks in the west people won't know about authentic Sikhi.

Gnostics predate christianity. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guest Ex-Gora said:

I agree with most of what you say. At some point in history, the majority of Christians were from Judea, i.e., one ethnic group. Then later on there was a time when Arians, Gnostics, and other sects were predominant in various areas over what we call mainstream Christianity today. The point isn't to say a given religion should necessarily strive to be either homogeneous or heterogeneous ethnically. Neither that Chalcedonian (mainstream) Christianity is better than its extinct rivals. The point is that without parcharaks in the west people won't know about authentic Sikhi.

Real Sikhi is online these days. Many accusations have been launched at 3ho. They're just cultists bro. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, proactive said:

We need to be more pragmatic. Unlike the cults in India such as Nirankaris and the followers of the rapist sadh they do not seek to convert Punjabi Sikhs into their organisation and as far as I know they do not say that they are the REAL Sikhs and we are all fakes as some cults do. Unlike these cults they also do not harbour any animosity towards us. They are following a version of Sikhi which suits them or which they have been taught.  I look at it this way, because we have failed to do parchar of Sikhi in the west and have spent what resources we have to giving out 'free food' and attempting to become the 4th emergency service we cannot expect white people to take to Sikhi on their own.  Due to our failure, what little Sikh influence there has been it has been by Yogi Bhajan and the 3HO. Just by the very fact that we see Goray in Bana normalises out identity in the west, we lose our otherness in the eyes of the ordinary white person when white people also wear the Bana. This isn't ideal but until we have organisations working to preach Sikhi to the west then we need to accept that having 3HO Sikhs is better than no 3H0 Sikhs. The more 3HO Sikhs there are then the better it is for us because if not them, then their sons and daughters will one day become Sikhs like the rest of us.

Here’s the thing, Basics Of Sikhi has been the main group to invite new people towards Sikhi as well as bringing lost people towards Sikhi in the West, not 3HO. 3HO brand usually goes more towards a very Sannatan view towards Sikhi along with elements of Christianity that’s it’s hardly recognizable as Sikhi even amongst some of our most Sannatan Sikhs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Punjabi Sikh family killed in California   WIONEWS Website California | Updated: Oct 06, 2022, 10:03 (IST)     All four members of an India-origin Sikh family, including an eight-month-old girl, were found dead in an orchard in California, the Merced County sheriff said   Briefing media on Wednesday night, Merced County Sheriff Vern Warnke said a farm worker in the area found the bodies, which were found relatively close together. He said that the Department of Justice crime lab is going to probe the crime scene, adding that they "don't know all the facts yet", reports ABC News. Terming it "horribly senseless," the sheriff said they are finding out the cause of the murder. Warnke further said he spoke to the suspect, who is in custody and admitted in the hospital, but did not provide additional details.   Among the deceased are: eight-month-old Aroohi Dheri, her parents —27-year-old mother Jasleen Kaur and 36-year-old father Jasdeep Singh —, and the baby’s uncle, 39-year-old Amandeep Singh. The police said that the couple and the baby were kidnapped at gunpoint from a convenience store they own in Merced County in Northern California. The police said that the couple and the baby were kidnapped at gunpoint from a convenience store they own in Merced County in Northern California. They hailed from Harsi Pind in Hoshiarpur, Punjab. Police found out about their kidnapping after they discovered a vehicle owned by one of the family members on fire on late Monday, which led them to determine that they had been kidnapped. According to a news release, detectives received information on Tuesday morning about the accused, 48-year-old Jesus Salgado, after he used their ATM card in Atwater in Merced County. On Tuesday, the man attempted to take his own life prior to “law enforcement involvement" and is currently in critical condition receiving medical attention, the Merced County Sheriff's Office said.
    • If I'm not wrong ( I may make some mistakes in what I write in the following sentences, do cross check)  Deep Sidhu's party Waris Panjab De is made to handle issues faces by the Panth and Punjab, example ensuring electricity in villages, parchaar of Sikhi, clean water supply and so on. Amritpal Singh Sandhu is the Jathedar of the party now. He came to Punjab a few months ago and his getting this attention because of how much he is attending to Panth issues. He took Amrit  a few days ago if I'm not wrong, at Anandpur Sahib and his parchaar of Sikhi was so powerful that approximately 950 Singhs took Amrit with him. He is in the support of Khalistan as well. So because of all the issues he is talking about, it's making a big effect on the youth and people are joining him in big numbers. So because he is joining Sikhs with Sikhi, there are 2 narratives being spread about him, "he is an ISI funded agent" or he is a " Indian government agent". But in true fact, he is Vaheguru ji's Agent 😀🙏 Bhul Chuk Maf ji 🙏 Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh 
    • What I don't understand is how come he is getting all this attention? Is it something that he did or said? Or is he related to some popular personalities perhaps? Also, what is the objective of Deep Sidhu's organisation that he's said to be heading?
    • https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/10/05/us/california-family-kidnapped.amp.html So sad, he even killed the baby. 
    • You are falling for their trap. They want us to be divided. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use