Why have Punjabi songs become so Arabized?

Guest Punjabi sikh

Guest Punjabi sikh

I’ve noticed Punjabi songs and singers have become quite Islamized/Arabized with songs called Bismillah, Sheikh or Begum and they dress up in Arab Thawbs.  Why do they suddenly have this obsession with Arab/Muslim culture? 

On 1/13/2022 at 1:46 PM, Guest Punjabi sikh said:

I’ve noticed Punjabi songs and singers have become quite Islamized/Arabized with songs called Bismillah, Sheikh or Begum and they dress up in Arab Thawbs.  Why do they suddenly have this obsession with Arab/Muslim culture? 

Maybe they have investors from Dubai or something ? Maybe these people involved in music and the videos visit Dubai or Abu Dhabi a lot ?

Maybe they are aiming it at the Arabic market? Bollywood has been popular in the Arab and Persian world for a long time...

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed this too. Youth in Panjab have started putting their names on social media bios in Arabic/Urdu scripts even though they can't read the script (copied from google translate most likely). Possibly a result of these songs romanticising Arabian things. 

There seems to be a never-ending obsession 

49 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

These peasants will do bhangra at any given opportunity. I am shocked that sullay have let their women watch this though. But then again maybe they want their women to see what male kunjurs look like? 

Is this Bhangra crew made up of straight from Panjab people or those raised in Dubai?