sikhs have no ingroup loyalty

proudkaur21

On 1/21/2022 at 3:08 PM, Kaurr said:

It's because these congress and akalis promise things to certain people. I have family back in punjab and I remeber constantly trying to convince them to not vote for congress or akali but no luck, some of them you'd rather bash your head against a brick wall then try to argue with them, no use. They often promise them government jobs and stuff, in exchange for votes, otherwise the well paying government jobs are basically impossible to get, which is we have so many punjabi sikhs moving abroad, happen to a few of my second cousins. Another reason they vote for these akali and congress is because of 'connection'. A lol of people in my family have connections with them, some are related to them. So basically if you're out and you have the punjab police asking for stuff, and your missing a few papers or don't have a licence, they'll just call one of these politicians, pr pretend to, and get away without paying anything. In punjab, it's pretty difficult to get certificates, so if you ask one of the politicians, they'll make stuff 'easier'. Also, if you do illegal things, which is really common in punjab, a lot excape jail by calling one of these politicians. 

Political parties in Panjab also hand out freebies during elections so people vote for them. These can include things like alcohol to men and/or household things like lentils.