Panjab marriages and exodus

5aaban

23 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Punjabi media is horrible. The movies the songs mostly are just nonsense. Sikh men making themselves look like balle balle clown in these movies. Nothing of intelligence shown in our media.

Or the other false maula jut macho narrative that doesn't hold when confronted with other more sombre, based communities. 

Is the media simply a reflection of the people making and consuming it? 

24 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Why you bully jatts? They very nice.

Not bullying but a desperate attempt to wake people up. 

I've been calling this shyte out for years on these forums, with people attacking me for it. 

I hope you can all finally see what I was on about. Look where it's taken us now........

19 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Can you imagine what kind of attention a bird dressed like that would get in urban London!!!

image.png.bfb4513093735dfce0a97f9e0178ea35.png

The women in these songs are usually aspiring foreign or Hindu models (sometimes western-Arab or Indian Muslim) 

Syrian 

8 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'm always hearing complaints about how recent Punjabi arrivals (2015 onwards in the UK) are starting to flex their muscles in the workplace (factories, etc), and trust me they're starting to make enemies of their own people. I can't believe half the stuff I'm hearing.

It's not uncommon. It seems to be a character/trait? 

8 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

Worse than this lmao.

That's gross, I don't think I've ever seen Punjabis with clothes like that here in public transport or in the city, some of the hair is boderline questionable, but at least it's not complete jaloos. I'm not sure about the punjabi areas here, I tend to avoid those places, unless I'm going to the gurdwara. 

I believe a lot of these apply to Panjabi Sikhs as well. 

Challenges in the diaspora are loss of connections to ancestral land, identity, language and dispersed communities. 

Biggest challenges in Panjab include lack of justice and neglect by government. 

image.png.a7e4332b5daeea89db442fe11c66c5d2.png

9 hours ago, 5aaban said:

I believe a lot of these apply to Panjabi Sikhs as well. 

Challenges in the diaspora are loss of connections to ancestral land, identity, language and dispersed communities. 

Biggest challenges in Panjab include lack of justice and neglect by government. 

image.png.a7e4332b5daeea89db442fe11c66c5d2.png

I think in large parts of the diaspora we do have a strong identity, the problem is that it's just a shallow one, based on crap 'modren' jut cultural markers like dancing, false machismo, and prancing around like a bander on speed.