Panjab marriages and exodus

5aaban

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

Nope not a single bod, but I have cousin (who I hardly know) who seems to spend months out there with his missus every winter.  

Same, no one I know. 

Going for holiday and staying are different. 

What does your mate do there - do they drive when there, do they have naukar/naukrani to do chores for the? They stay with relatives? Shehar or pind ?

I personally as have got older dislike staying with relatives for too long.

I think pind life is also a step too far for most if they move to Panjab. Living in /near a big city prob much easier , or going somewhere completely remote and peaceful

Maybe @shastarSingh can start up that eco village for us...

2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Where would you stay ? Pind ? Shehar ?

@dallysingh101 do you know anyone from UK who has gone as an adult and stayed in India permanently through choice ?

How long have you stayed for one time, if that's okay to ask ? And how much of your adult life ?

What do your immediate family think ?

How many Hindu Panjabis have you met in Aus ?

This seems a little like that Geeta Aulakh who was in the news. 

And, if I can ask how do you find HP and Sikh Panjabis get on in your experience? I have not met that many, and we don;t have any family friends who are? I mean normal, not the wealthy rich business types you've met here. 

The few I've met range from feeling they are Hindu but Sikhs and Hindus are very similar/the same, to those who feel distinct as Hindus and see Hindus and Sikhs separately. And, I think the men are more likely to be close/friends with Sikh men here than the women are

@Punjabiwolves is someone I like who posts here from time to time. 

How come bro ?!!

What don't you like about it ? It's a big country, and there are inter-state differences like in the US, but the culture seems more homogenous

Two reasons.

One. Dig deeper. It's a facade. 

Two, look at the draconian, heavy handed, storm trooper way they acted over covid. Reprehensible to say the least. Terrifying. Showing their facade. 

Their history and race relations aren't great either. How many aboriginals left? What state are they the kept in intentionally?

Zero points awarded to griffondor. 

19 minutes ago, Kaurr said:

If you're talking about how Australia is potrayed as a police state, then most of it is bs. I'm from melbourne, where we had the longest lockdown out of everywhere, and mate, during the second one, more than half the people did not give a sh1t and went around visiting their mates and having illegal parties. And the police doesn't have complete power, it's basically like every other country where they get told to fck off.

Idk about vaccine mandates and the rest of the world, we need to get vaccinated ot go to places, but I remember walking in a store (I had it on my phone), and the lady didn't give a fck, and doesn't the rest of the world have mandates as well (I'm not aware of the mandate in other countries). Same with masks, yeah we're supposed to wear them, but you won't get arrested or fined straight away if you're not wearing one, a lot of people don't give a sh1t. 

I read your government's own statement. It's not defensible.