Why Panjabis learn Bhangra in the west

5aaban

On 2/2/2022 at 6:28 AM, Kau89r8 said:

So her father is Sikh?...no way i thought she was full muslim i've seen her on ig (which surprised me too her content being muslims...but they are a bit diff in usa then uk) 

Pretty sure the father is a Sikh  and the mother isn't. 

On 2/2/2022 at 6:47 AM, Kau89r8 said:

I think you mentioned it in the one of the other thread there is no 'modesty innocent Punjabi culture left..' like why can't we have are red line drawn somewhere...' no class..worst is when Jasmine Sandals started making jattis sharabis normazlized smoking weed on stage ..

You got Arab culture..belly dancing etc..there is somewhat class modest ...i remember back in the days when you'd watch some films/music videos it was watchable with family and the most 'unbearable' was bit 'risque lovely dopey scene' holding hands hugging...

Jasmine Sandlas Makeup Tutorial (Patt Lai Geya Inspired) - YouTube

Patt Lai Geya: Finally! Jasmine Sandlas Much-Awaited Track Is Out - PTC  Punjabi

to this

image.png.61af6eec0ce780c7b5d1dbc1d0d1c487.png

image.png.af77bebc6d618103a7ae9f40b453f570.png

Some artists go through this phase where dye their hair neon pink/yellow/green, wear skimpy clothing, drink and kind of "don't care about the world". I think this particular singer had a bad breakup as well.

A lot of Panjabi singers are also trying to copy rap music and black culture in their songs. 

19 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

I’m pretty sure the father is a Panjabi Sikh (her middle name is Puneet) and the mother is white. Then she took her husbands last name (Mirza). 

ya you are right...? I'd been following her on ig so i was really surprised Muslims embracing their Punjabi culture

Wedding video...dad seems nowhere to be seen but you can see the Singh brother giving her away to islamic wedding 

Earlier this week saw another ig influence name Punjabi half white reverted to islam her dad being Sikh despite ...

image.png.e2490dd1d58f62326fb08060546c69cc.pngimage.png.dfa1a861c5bac997a85a11443f2e6d25.png

One love..unity guys ?

@proactive @GurjantGnostic

On 2/2/2022 at 7:04 AM, Kau89r8 said:

ya you are right...? I'd been following her on ig so i was really surprised Muslims embracing their Punjabi culture

Wedding video...dad seems nowhere to be seen but you can see the Singh brother giving her away to islamic wedding 

Earlier this week saw another ig influence name Punjabi half white reverted to islam her dad being Sikh despite ...

image.png.e2490dd1d58f62326fb08060546c69cc.pngimage.png.dfa1a861c5bac997a85a11443f2e6d25.png

One love..unity guys ?

@proactive @GurjantGnostic

Follows the husband's faith I guess. 

On 1/31/2022 at 12:22 PM, 5aaban said:

Bhangra dancers (males) justify women dancing on stage as "Sikh equality", saw it on a Bhangra forum once. Bhangra seems to be getting popular, I saw a team with some white people and a Pakistani Panjabi girl so we should make it clear that Bhangra and Sikhi don't mix. Some even think Bhangra is a "Sikh dance" and whatnot. Don't like seeing these things get normalised, there was a time when dancing openly in our community was frowned upon (left to communities like Mirasi's, Madari's, Kanjar's to do). 

https://bhangrateamsforum.com/a/threads/should-girls-be-allowed-to-do-live.17979/

That Kurta-Chadara dress is a rural male attire worn in Panjab (old men wear it nowadays, it was easy to wear and make back in the days when women spun and weaved their own fabrics) but it's not colourful like Bhangra dancers make it. Don't think the jacket they wear over is Panjabi attire and neither is that fan-turban, never seen anyone wearing it normally. Also the accessories they wear on their arms aren't normal.

image.png.401d9eef3334f96099adcca5dbbdf596.png 

Yeah, horse-riding and archery are good sports of boys. Poetry should also be promoted because it can enhance Panjabi vocabulary. Pakistani Panjabis who haven't abandoned their language for Urdu hold Panjabi Mushaira's where Panjabi poetry recitals and competitions take place. It's a better initiative than Bhangra competitions.  

the "fan turban"

i havent seen them in that particular bhangra style much but turla wali pagg used to be common fashion amongst the local landlords and such (even many elders today)

7 minutes ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

the "fan turban"

i havent seen them in that particular bhangra style much but turla wali pagg used to be common fashion amongst the local landlords and such (even many elders today)

Yes I'm aware of the Turle wali pagg but the Bhangra one is a bit different.