Panjab Politics Thread

Premi5

4 hours ago, Suchi said:
A good excuse to reclaim assets? Or are these rich farmers? 

And the Islamisation of Punjab?

Panjab finance minister has issued an official clarification stating the arrest warrants were by the previous government in their last term, no farmer will be arrested now on the basis of these warrants. 

Minister Cheema blamed the previous Congress government for the “fiasco.” He said that the process of arrest warrants was initiated by previous Congress government and the officials had started issuing these. He said, “I have intervened and no farmer would be arrested now."

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/chandigarh/arrest-warrants-reach-loan-defaulter-farmers-homes-cheema-blames-previous-cong-govt-7881172/

• 4 weeks later...

@Suchi @proactive @proudkaur21 @shastarSingh

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/congress-former-punjab-chief-sunil-jakhar-to-join-bjp-days-after-quitting-party-2989726

Congress Veteran Sunil Jakhar Joins BJP Days After Quitting Party

Last month, the Congress' disciplinary panel had recommended that Mr Jakhar be suspended from the party for two years and removed from all posts.

All IndiaEdited by Akhil KumarUpdated: May 19, 2022 2:00 pm IST
Congress Veteran Sunil Jakhar Joins BJP Days After Quitting Party

Mr Jakhar is in Delhi and has already met BJP chief JP Nadda.

Sunil Jakhar, senior Congress leader and former chief of its Punjab unit, is set to join rival BJP days after quitting the grand old party. Mr Jakhar is in Delhi and has already met BJP chief JP Nadda. The former Congress leader was recently issued a show-cause notice by the Congress leadership over his criticism of former Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi.

Expressing sorrow over breaking ties with Congress, which he called "family", he said he was sidelined because he pointed out that the party can't treat Punjab in percentages and divide people over caste.

"I had a 50-year-old relationship with congress, my family has been with the party for three generations since 1972. I considered it family," he said, claiming that he quit Congress, not because of any personal dispute, but "fundamental issues" with the party.

Mr Jakhar is a prominent non-Sikh face of Punjab and is respected across party lines. He holds sway over many disgruntled Congress leaders. Mr Jakhar is the BJP's second big catch after Captain Amarinder Singh allied with BJP. He is likely to help the party in the upcoming assembly polls in neighbouring Himachal Pradesh.

In a dramatic public resignation, while the party was holding a three-day brainstorming session in Rajasthan, Mr Jakhar had said "Goodbye and good luck, Congress" in a Facebook live video after scathing criticism of former party colleagues who led the action against him.

Last month, the Congress' disciplinary panel had recommended that Mr Jakhar be suspended from the party for two years and removed from all posts.

The five-member Committee is chaired by senior party leader AK Antony. The meeting on what action should be taken against Mr Jakhar was attended by members Tariq Anwar, JP Aggarwal and G Parameswar, besides Mr Antony.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 5:01 PM, proudkaur21 said:

@Kau89r8 @dallysingh101 according to this moorakh all issues of Punjab are due to NRI's. Accoridng to him we are responsible for wrong political parties getting vote in Punjab and that Punjab is suffering under AAP due to us. The typical hindus in the comment then bringing in Khalistan. If only fools like him supported sikh cause and did not side with the enemies of the panth punjab wouldnt be in this state but alas the likes of him are too dumb to see what is happening.

Yaa i recognize him from twitter used to follow him...he's those dil saaf types 'Sikhs'...... one day they'll act all 'panthic' and next day 'omg we loove India Sikhs dont want Khalistan'.....those Gurdas Maan types interesting though during farmers protest he got more anakh and started tweeting panthic stuff thanks to seeing the true faces of their dharmic brothers' looks like he's back to drinking pegs and watching bollywood films lol

4 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

Yaa i recognize him from twitter used to follow him...he's those dil saaf types 'Sikhs'...... one day they'll act all 'panthic' and next day 'omg we loove India Sikhs dont want Khalistan'.....those Gurdas Maan types interesting though during farmers protest he got more anakh and started tweeting panthic stuff thanks to seeing the true faces of their dharmic brothers' looks like he's back to drinking pegs and watching bollywood films lol

now he is liking tweets about khalistan and stuff. This guy has no fixed stance or maybe he has seen the behavior of Hindus since past few days and realized his mistake. God knows.

2 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

now he is liking tweets about khalistan and stuff. This guy has no fixed stance or maybe he has seen the behavior of Hindus since past few days and realized his mistake. God knows.

i dont know about these lot..they're either just 2 faces, too naive ..like i mentioned before you have those Sikhs that would be like pro Sant ji and never forget 84 but want to stay with India......

Some of them, even if they shot their mothers these lot will still be licking their boots and parading 'ProUd indIA' ... lol 

3 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

i dont know about these lot..they're either just 2 faces, too naive ..like i mentioned before you have those Sikhs that would be like pro Sant ji and never forget 84 but want to stay with India......

Some of them, even if they shot their mothers these lot will still be licking their boots and parading 'ProUd indIA' ... lol 

he is making tweets about sikhs getting assimilated with hindus and stuff and centre have plans to destroy punjab and its culture. So maybe some of them are kind of waking up but still not realizing sant ji was right all along.

11 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

he is making tweets about sikhs getting assimilated with hindus and stuff and centre have plans to destroy punjab and its culture. So maybe some of them are kind of waking up but still not realizing sant ji was right all along.

He always flips flops...he was doing the same during the protests...but give him credit at least he some ounce of 'panthic' thought in him ...you still have those types like bagga and kps gill types