Is sleeping 8-9 hours against sikhi?

SeekingNimrata

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Ji,

I was thinking about starting to wake up during amritvela(3AM in specific). I thought I would go to sleep at around 7PM so I could get a full 8 hours of sleep since that is what experts recommend and I personally don't feel very good when I sleep less than 8 hours. However I recently came across this pangti:

ਖੰਡਿਤ ਨਿਦ੍ਰਾ ਅਲਪ ਅਹਾਰੰ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਤੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੋ ॥੮॥

Sleep little, and eat little; O Nanak, this is the essence of wisdom". ||8||

Does it mean that I am committing a sin by sleeping 8-9 hours?

Now of course guru sahib cannot be wrong and they would never misguide us. Does that mean we should sleep 6 hours or less despite science recommending 7-9 hours worth of sleep?

Please don't get me wrong I am not saying guru sahib is wrong and mean no disrespect at all, I ask this because I am a bit confused and require guidance.

Thank you.

First of all, it certainly is not "A Sin." It just means you'll get less fruits for your labour. 

Take it from me... Do 60 minutes of Naam jap in the day. Even if u Sleep at 10pm your body and mind will automatically wake up at around 4am. 

And the 4 Bujjar Kurehit are the only things to avoid in life, along with Kaam, krodh, eerka, ahnkar, niindia / jhuglia. THESE ARE SINS!