How can sikhs forget this?

proudkaur21

6 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

This makes a lot of sense. No wonder all Sikh politicians are this way and a majority of people act in this way too. The good sikhs have become shaheed and are long gone. Isnt this why its important to do parchaar now? To get good people into sikhi.

Exactly. Also to try and give our people another way of thinking. 

4 minutes ago, proactive said:

It is the fault of the leadership, both the Akalis and a section of the Kharkoos. In 1989 When Simranjit Singh Mann's Akali Dal caused an elector shock to Punjab politics by winning 6 seats and supporting the Bahujan Samaj Party's leader to win the Phillaur seat as well as two Independents who had the same political ideology as Mann, Dhian Singh Mand in Ferozpur and Atinderpal Singh in Patiala. I was in Punjab at that time and my Chacha was a SDO and he told me that as soon as the results come in, all the Punjab police fake encounters were stopped and the Punjab police officer responsible for fake encounters were ready to flee to Delhi. They knew that Sardar Mann would be the next CM of Punjab when the assembly elections would take place. 

Akali Dal Mann won 29% of the total vote, the independents and BSP and Janta Dal candidate that had Mann's support won a further 29%, that 58% of the vote, even if we exclude the BSP and Janta Dal candidate even then the vote for Panthic candidates was 42%. Captain won a landslide with just 38% of the vote in 2017. 

When these took place in May 1991 candidates were attacked and the government cancelled in the elections, it was likely that Simranjit Singh Mann would have become CM if these elections had been allowed to take place. There was a major dispute between the Kharkoo Jathebandiyan about whether to take part in the elections. The ones who wanted to not allow them got their way and that was the biggest mistake that was ever made in the struggle. It allowed Congress and Beanta to come in in 1992 when all Panthic parties boycotted the election and those police who were fleeing to Delhi fearing court action for their crimes were given free rein.

The boycott also allowed the traditional Akalis like Badal to bide their time and he came to power in 1997 in alliance with the BJP.

The people need leaders that they can trust and the loss of trust in 1992 led to the failure of all attempts to create a Panthic alternative to Badal. In 2002 the Panthic Morcha of which Simranjit Singh was a candidate won only 4% of the vote. 

AAP won their seats in Malwa due to the Panthic vote, they didn't win anything in the Hindu majority cities and apart from one seat all their seats were in Malwa. The Panthic vote never had a home, either they didn't vote or they voted for the least anti-Panth of the candidates. 

This is why Deep Sidhu's support for Simranjit Singh Mann was so important. He was resurrecting the Panthic alternative to the Badals which is what Punjab needs. He understood that AAP will never do any good for Punjab, they have a sharabi kababi comedian as a CM face, at least in 2017, the likelihood was that Phoolka would be the CM if AAP won the majority of the seats. Punjab will be controlled from Delhi, with Bhagwant Mann as Delhi's  rubber stamp. 

This is why a hung assembly will be the best outcome for Punjab, two parties with different ideologies having to unite to get a majority. Let them fight it out and then let the government collapse after a few year and then another election. This gives Mann two years to get the youth to organise, if AAP win a majority, then it gives him 5 years to organise because AAP will be a failure in Punjab and that is guaranteed. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. Praying that simranjeet singh mann wins a few seats now which will show that people are waking up to what is happening and then we have next 5 years to improve the party by getting more educated sikhs involved because right now everything was done at the last moment. Alot of people didnt even know about akali dal amritsar candidates and their symbols.i really hope some miracle happens. Anyways we are going to know on 10th march our fate.

Talking to my mum earlier that is he wins how much impact can he have, without being threaten, blackmailed by Delhi gov..

She said if the roots are destroyed, how much fruit can grow... 

If he wins, i think Deep being killed was 1000x bigger loss then his win might be..just as the farmers 700 killed and so on

None of what I'm reading here fills me with much hope for a brighter future. At best, you people will replace the current frauds and liars with different brands of pakhandis who'll pander to you early on, and then reveal their true nature when they've got their feet under the table. You'll spend your entire lives fighting to defend "your guys" because you won't be able to accept that the fact that "your guys" are just as bent as the ones that were replaced. Incredibly limited, one-dimensional, almost child-like understanding of things here.

@proactive I expose myself to Punjabis (not like that, lol) in order to a) build immunity against their shenanigans, lmao, b) so that I actually know what I'm talking about, and I don't fall into the exact thing you mention, i.e. bitter, armchair commentary minus any real ground experience. It's incredibly difficult not to get jaded and cynical the more time one spends with these people.

5 minutes ago, proactive said:

There are good people and there are bad people that exist in all societies. You are doing a disservice to our own people if you accept the psycho babble that people like Daily dish out.

You're a text book peasant sociopath yourself. It's people like you that are the problem. That's why you get so defensive and in denial about what the majority of us perceive and are talking about here.

12 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

You're a text book peasant sociopath yourself. It's people like you that are the problem. That's why you get so defensive and in denial about what the majority of us perceive and are talking about here.

Again with the amateur psychology. So which book is it? The id.io.ts guide to psychology? 

So when you going to Punjab and actually get some real world experience of the place you claim to be an expert on? Lockdown's over, there's no excuse to keep being ignorant. A few weeks in Punjab will show you that your preconceived notions about Punjab are BS. 

18 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

None of what I'm reading here fills me with much hope for a brighter future. At best, you people will replace the current frauds and liars with different brands of pakhandis who'll pander to you early on, and then reveal their true nature when they've got their feet under the table. You'll spend your entire lives fighting to defend "your guys" because you won't be able to accept that the fact that "your guys" are just as bent as the ones that were replaced. Incredibly limited, one-dimensional, almost child-like understanding of things here.

@proactive I expose myself to Punjabis (not like that, lol) in order to a) build immunity against their shenanigans, lmao, b) so that I actually know what I'm talking about, and I don't fall into the exact thing you mention, i.e. bitter, armchair commentary minus any real ground experience. It's incredibly difficult not to get jaded and cynical the more time one spends with these people.

That is so cynical and that is why I thought you had issues over land there because such cynicism can only come from someone deeply hurt by his own. People are the same everywhere, some have an agenda here to present our people especially the rural people as devils which they are not and I am not saying they are all angels either. 

6 minutes ago, proactive said:

That is so cynical and that is why I thought you had issues over land there because such cynicism can only come from someone deeply hurt by his own. People are the same everywhere, some have an agenda here to present our people especially the rural people as devils which they are not and I am not saying they are all angels either. 

Give me some credit, bro. I'm not that self-involved or short-sighted! ?