40 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Anyone know why demographics have changed so much past 30 years?

@shastarSingh?

D812B8F6-DD5E-4F22-8662-4A39D07511EE.png

Also why are we being taught hindi in punjab when we got divided on this very basis? Wth? We could literally learn some other languages like persian or what not. Why this hindi?

• Like 1
  • Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, now contrast with the Ukraine situation. In this invasion, 400-2000 Ukrainians have been killed, according to Ukrainian Govt (who knows, but let's go with that). Meanwhile, at least 3000

Indian colonial policies in Punjab exactly mirror the British colonial policies in India. Just as it was in the British economic interest to turn India into a raw materials suppliers which could then

For them, sex isn’t that big of an issue though. I’m sure plenty of them will have sex for money or any other exchange. Then they might cry about sexual exploitation later. lol.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, proactive said:

Trust the Dindu to try and boost his shythole country as relevant to the Ukraine war. Don't know what's more sad, the Dindu asking the question or Biden thinking he was asking about the US defence department! The Indian accent does not help when the guy you are asking the question of is suffering from dementia. "We are in consultation with India today.." That probably means Modi has my email address and I have my out of office auto reply on. 

The Dindu asks this question at most press conferences. He is always the last question and they probably have him on to give everyone a laugh on what is an otherwise stressful occasion. 

Watch the women doing the sign language when the Dindu asks the question, even she's thinking.. who the f is this bandar?

She's using facial expressions as part of the signing. 

I don't think it showed what the user novice conjurer said either. 

2 hours ago, proactive said:

Indian colonial policies in Punjab exactly mirror the British colonial policies in India. Just as it was in the British economic interest to turn India into a raw materials suppliers which could then be exported to Britain and then the value added finished goods in British factories which could then be sent to India to be sold, in the same way Indian colonialism keeps Punjab a underdeveloped agricultural colony. Hindi imperialism is just one aspect of  Indian colonialism. In the globalised world, Punjabis have more need for a language like English than Hindi. The only two languages than matter in Punjab should be Punjabi and English. 

I agree. In the order of Guri, Punjabi, english. 

10 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

Also why are we being taught hindi in punjab when we got divided on this very basis? Wth? We could literally learn some other languages like persian or what not. Why this hindi?

Should learn Guri, followed by Punjabi and english. 

3 hours ago, proactive said:

It is actually astounding how much the liberals of the west are quite content with innocent Russians being ostracised. Just imagine if that had happened after 9/11.  The common Russians are been demonised to such an extent that most people in the west now are ok with them being victimised to this extent. I mean, those associated with Putin one can argue should be targeted but the cancel culture against common Russians is getting ridiculous now. This is mass hysteria.

Covid set the precedent. I think society has been - or is being - conditioned into craving that "Next Big Trauma" (and its response from the authorities) to satisfy a ludicrous sense of personal well-being. The media are a criminal enterprise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
10 hours ago, proactive said:

Indian colonial policies in Punjab exactly mirror the British colonial policies in India. Just as it was in the British economic interest to turn India into a raw materials suppliers which could then be exported to Britain and then the value added finished goods in British factories which could then be sent to India to be sold, in the same way Indian colonialism keeps Punjab a underdeveloped agricultural colony. Hindi imperialism is just one aspect of  Indian colonialism. In the globalised world, Punjabis have more need for a language like English than Hindi. The only two languages than matter in Punjab should be Punjabi and English. 

Sure. I'm aware of British colonialism and how it affected the Indian economy.

However, English was imposed on Indians precisely to promote their culture, language and to ensure they controlled the economy.  It is the language of slave traders used to annihilate Indic cultures. Neither Japan nor China has such colonial hangovers and are leaders in many technological fields. 

Moreover, the world is moving away from globalisation as can be seen today. It is moving towards a decentralisation system of operation which means we will in future produce and consume locally, allowing local cultures to thrive/ be revived. 

As India is one landmass then there should be a National language and I don't believe it is English. Probably a toss between Hindi, already spoken by a great number of Indians or Sanskrit (my preference) that most Indic languages are rooted in. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2