Ukraine-Russia crisis

5aaban

34 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

Taliban are basically puppets. You dont think they could have been destroyed if they want to the americans..

Basically want to topple the Iranian gov, so shia vs sunni thing - i've read into it, spins your head but i stopped dwelling because we should focus on Sikhs and we are getting killed in all ends 

Besides a lot of Afghani in diaspora seem to have deep haterd for Sikhs i've noticed...worse the pakistanis 

They hate us cuz we rejected their religion but then they say their is no compulsion in Islam.

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Not even mostly, probably all. I feel embarrassed for all those years Sikhs went to x,y and z and human rights groups like they would sort out our problems......the marches I attended when younger. They must have been laughing at us.  

My biggest fear is that we still haven't learned and think like children in this way still. We've got mass education/information campaigns (for our own) to undertake.  

I think the biggest problem is that the colonisation still exists - in people's minds - both those of the colonisers and the formerly colonised. India and dare I say it, rural Sikhs are probably some of the worst still stuck in that mind trap. Remember, so called 'mainstream' Sikhism, a colonial era construct is still followed by hordes of apnay without question......    

"We ain't talking, no more, and we ain't squashin <banned word filter activated> with po-po
And we ain't marchin in the middle of the goddamn road
Cuz Martin got smoked"

5 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

Thoughts?

It's perceptive, the anglosphere attempts to dominate everything on a macro and micro level. From politics, the economy to ground level cultural norms. And all their cultural conversions lead to the erosion of traditional values. I'm not homophobic, but if conservative communities are averse to normalising it, and teaching it in school, it is their right. I live in england, and from what we've seen, there has practically been a covert normalisation of discreet pedophilia here, with even high level politicians implicated, going way back. Despite projecting some image of fair play, racism STILL plays a large part in your future here too, despite people being here for generations. 

It seems as if there is some neo-colonialism going on, that wants to judge and dictate to the world and foist a belief system on all, whether they like it or not. 

If the west is slowly building up armed forces in people's backyards, is it any surprise that they react defensively? History has shown (and as Sikhs we should remember the run up to the anglo-Sikh wars), that such covert build up of forces on borders only ever end in invasions and destabilisation.  Given that, is it any surprise that Russia has pre-empted what was probably inevitable and taken a sound military tactical decision to open conflict on its own terms, before the perceived enemy has a chance to build up and consolidate its power and resources in the region?

Why are they so eager to take part in other people's wars? Hopefully no Sikh/Panjabi In Ukraine takes the advice. 

“If Me & My Son Get Visa To Ukraine…”: Simranjit Singh Mann, After Backlash On Last Statement

A former police officer and president of the political party Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), Simranjit Singh Mann has been making headlines recently due to one of his statements about the Russia-Ukraine war.

In his statement, he said, “Our people, the Sikhs now studying in Ukraine, instead of coming back to India, should report to the nearest military post and volunteer for military service against the Russian invasion. They should request the military authority to give them fortnightly training in infantry or artillery and then put them on duty to defend Ukraine.”

Due to this statement, the politician had to face some backlash. When in an interview, he was asked that as he was advising that people of Punjab and Sikhs should stay back in Ukraine and help the victims, so he shall start from himself and his son.

To this, Singh said he doesn’t have any problem with the same, if he and his son Emaan Singh got the visa, they will pack their bags and reach in three-four days to fight against Russia. 

Meanwhile, Mann said if students volunteered for military service for Ukraine, “it would result in big laurels for Sikh community across the world”. “If we lived and had food and salt in Ukraine, studied there then there is no need to return. We are a martial race.” He also urged the youth to join military ranks to side with Ukraine.

https://kiddaan.com/if-me-my-son-get-visa-to-ukraine-simranjit-singh-mann-after-backlash-on-last-statement/

2 hours ago, 5aaban said:

Why are they so eager to take part in other people's wars? Hopefully no Sikh/Panjabi In Ukraine takes the advice. 

“If Me & My Son Get Visa To Ukraine…”: Simranjit Singh Mann, After Backlash On Last Statement

A former police officer and president of the political party Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), Simranjit Singh Mann has been making headlines recently due to one of his statements about the Russia-Ukraine war.

In his statement, he said, “Our people, the Sikhs now studying in Ukraine, instead of coming back to India, should report to the nearest military post and volunteer for military service against the Russian invasion. They should request the military authority to give them fortnightly training in infantry or artillery and then put them on duty to defend Ukraine.”

Due to this statement, the politician had to face some backlash. When in an interview, he was asked that as he was advising that people of Punjab and Sikhs should stay back in Ukraine and help the victims, so he shall start from himself and his son.

To this, Singh said he doesn’t have any problem with the same, if he and his son Emaan Singh got the visa, they will pack their bags and reach in three-four days to fight against Russia. 

Meanwhile, Mann said if students volunteered for military service for Ukraine, “it would result in big laurels for Sikh community across the world”. “If we lived and had food and salt in Ukraine, studied there then there is no need to return. We are a martial race.” He also urged the youth to join military ranks to side with Ukraine.

https://kiddaan.com/if-me-my-son-get-visa-to-ukraine-simranjit-singh-mann-after-backlash-on-last-statement/

Cool. Let's see if he goes. I looked into it, but Ukraine doesn't seem to be openly recruiting exactly.