Racism in the USA

Premi5

16 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Blacks being a physical threat to whites, and better than anyone else at uncovering whitey's dirty murky past against them? So they just carry on sweeping the indigenous under the mat. 

We have similar initiatives in the UK for blacks. Some of my old black teacher friends have helped set them up. Black boys falling behind in academia like Sikhs in BC apparently?   

Who's starting the initiatives? Is historic opression the cited reason?

48 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

White working class do abysmally too. But then that's probably because many know they don't have to try too hard and have the economic system set up in their favour perhaps?

If referring to the UK, I don't know why it is but if a white person is born into a family that has no one who has gone to Uni, and/or long history of being poor , they are very unlikely to 'progress' or go into the the 'top' fields of business/law/science/medicine etc. This contrasts massively with some desis here, African blacks and some Eastern Europeans 

2 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

If referring to the UK, I don't know why it is but if a white person is born into a family that has no one who has gone to Uni, and/or long history of being poor , they are very unlikely to 'progress' or go into the the 'top' fields of business/law/science/medicine etc. This contrasts massively with some desis here, African blacks and some Eastern Europeans 

Some of those whites will end up making more money than the educated ethnics over time. It's like one racist head of a famous 6th form said in a presentation he was giving when I was doing teacher-training: 

"Maybe the whites are under represented in FE because they understand the jobs market here better than the ethnics." I now know he was alluding to the subtle race based rigged game thing going on in most (if not all) of the west. 

Many of those degrees/courses people do are useless and don't lead to some promised land career. They basically put bums on seats to fund the whole college/university enterprise. 

• The title was changed to Racism in the USA
  • The topic was locked