Racism in the USA

Premi5

21 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

It's such a shame we have to migrate to these countries. Are we going to keep running to white countries our whole lives?

This is all directly related to the economy in Panjab. Until people get their act right there, people will flee. Having a Panjabi movie industry that constantly glamourises  life abroad doesn't help. It's essentially brainwashing the people over there. 

There is no reason why Panjab itself can't do better for its citizens.  

8 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Even this is arguably self-inflicted by Panjabis on themselves through poor political/social/economic planning decisions. 

To an extent yes. I have seen some voting for parties which give out the most freebies or staying loyal to the same one their ancestors voted for, without knowing the values of the party or what benefits it will bring to Panjab. 

2 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

To an extent yes. I have seen Panjabis voting for parties that give out freebies or staying loyal to the same one their ancestors voted for without knowing the values of the party or what benefits it will bring to Panjab. 

Well, if a people can be bought out for some clothes and a small figure of rupees/whisky - it says a lot about them...... 

22 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

It's such a shame we have to migrate to these countries. Are we going to keep running to white countries our whole lives?

Lol I was thinking this too. People wont respect us as long as we keep running to their countries. Something needs to be done.

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

This is all directly related to the economy in Panjab. Until people get their act right there, people will flee. Having a Panjabi movie industry that constantly glamourises  life abroad doesn't help. It's essentially brainwashing the people over there. 

There is no reason why Panjab itself can't do better for its citizens.  

Punjab is a near financially bankrupt state at this point. If this isn't another colonial rule over punjab I dont know what is. Punjab was doing just fine before being joined into india. 

1 hour ago, proudkaur21 said:

Punjab is a near financially bankrupt state at this point. If this isn't another colonial rule over punjab I dont know what is. Punjab was doing just fine before being joined into india. 

It's part colonisation and part ridiculous 'modren' Panjabi culture. Don't ignore how much money comes through Gurdwaras. This IS largely self-inflicted in my opinion. You just to meet the average desi Panjabi abroad to notice how petty and nonthinking they generally are. 

Anyone heard of economic development and diversification? NO.  

Just rigidly stick to the agricultural system that's completely nonsustainable over even 2 familial generations for most. 

• The title was changed to Racism in the USA
  • The topic was locked