Racism in the USA

Premi5

4 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Yes but I think more black people are like this. They will complain about white supremacy on Twitter all the while copying everything white people do from their culture religion names everything. They do the same with arabs. I dont want to be hateful but they attack a lot of old sikh men in canada as well and we need to talk about this because alot of peope think black people can do no wrong.

No, I think a lot of us know there is a lot of f**ked up sh1t going on there. But we acknowledge that these people have been at the very forefront of the battle against white supremacism, making a lot of sacrifices. It's true that those who descend from slaves have gone through sustained atrocities over generations that are akin to what moghuls tried to do with Sikhs. I have no doubt that this experience brought a savage, base, predatory instinct out of many of them.  

Plus I do think a lot of light skinned, northern indians have a deep rooted,  hatred of dark skinned people going back a while. 

What I saw with blacks where I grew up is that once people kicked back at them and f**ked them up, their behaviour changed. And it sort of reset the dynamic between communities. That's important information to know because when I go to other places in england, the dynamic between brown and blacks is different, more like what you described.   

Plus in the US, I know for a fact that a lot of blacks resent browns because of a perception that browns turn a blind eye to racism whilst blacks take most of the heat and others benefit from the changes they facilitate, especially legislative changes. 

Sikhs and blacks need to redefine their relationship maybe. I'm sure it will probably involve some level of conflict? 

13 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Sikh men have been fighting against others even when they are outnumbered by a large factor, how are our men weak lol?

When I was growing up, a lot of brown folk (including Sikhs) were considered passive in comparison to others. It took a new hardened generation to come up and reconfigure that image. 

Old reputations don't account for a single thing at ground level in between men.  

16 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

No, I think a lot of us know there is a lot of f**ked up sh1t going on there. But we acknowledge that these people have been at the very forefront of the battle against white supremacism, making a lot of sacrifices. It's true that those who descend from slaves have gone through sustained atrocities over generations that are akin to what moghuls tried to do with Sikhs. I have no doubt that this experience brought a savage, base, predatory instinct out of many of them.  

Plus I do think a lot of light skinned, northern indians have a deep rooted,  hatred of dark skinned people going back a while. 

What I saw with blacks where I grew up is that once people kicked back at them and f**ked them up, their behaviour changed. And it sort of reset the dynamic between communities. That's important information to know because when I go to other places in england, the dynamic between brown and blacks is different, more like what you described.   

Plus in the US, I know for a fact that a lot of blacks resent browns because of a perception that browns turn a blind eye to racism whilst blacks take most of the heat and others benefit from the changes they facilitate, especially legislative changes. 

Sikhs and blacks need to redefine their relationship maybe. I'm sure it will probably involve some level of conflict? 

No you dont understand here in canada you will find many cases of them attacking,harassing and disrespecting old sikh men. How many sikhs you see harassing old black people? It doesnt mean go hate someone but some things we need to understand that alot of groups have hatred against us. Just like we thought the guy in New York who attacked the sikh taxi driver was white(including me lol) but he was a pakistani and you had sikh liberals blame everything on white supremacy and how apparently other pocs internalize white supremacy lol. Let's be fair.

36 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's true, but it's also down to a lot of Sikhs being considered white-buml1cking, sycophant 'Paajits', who turn a blind eye to white supremacism, until it effects them directly.  

Or because we get on with 5hit and make something of ourselves despite the 5hitty situation, which in turn highlights their own deficiencies, and that's something they hate because it makes them look foolish? Kissing white A55 isn't the only way to get things done. 

8 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

No you dont understand here in canada you will find many cases of them attacking,harassing and disrespecting old sikh men. How many sikhs you see harassing old black people? It doesnt mean go hate someone but some things we need to understand that alot of groups have hatred against us. Just like we thought the guy in New York who attacked the sikh taxi driver was white(including me lol) but he was a pakistani and you had sikh liberals blame everything on white supremacy and how apparently other pocs internalize white supremacy lol. Let's be fair.

I don't doubt 'Sikh liberals' would do that. I think most balanced Sikhs, without feeble minds know damn well that a lot of other communities (at ground level) hate us for one reason or another. We aren't unaware of inimical historical legacies between us and other communities that existed way before Sikhs knew white people even existed.

I know when I was younger and a lot of people from all over the globe were thrown together in one neighbourhood, a lot of conflict inbetween groups ensued. 

But I have to say, 'multicultural neighbourhood' dynamics can be like a macrocosm of prison dynamics - once a certain person/people get a reputation for being weak - they get targeted all the time. We Sikhs can't ignore this reality unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

I dont want solidarity with any group at this point. I just want all sikhs to unite 

I don't want to unite with any so-called 'Sikh' who is really a two-faced, closet casteist peasant, who believes they are some special breed. They could all f**k themselves and die. And there are a lot of them about.  

22 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Or because we get on with 5hit and make something of ourselves despite the 5hitty situation, which in turn highlights their own deficiencies, and that's something they hate because it makes them look foolish? Kissing white A55 isn't the only way to get things done. 

Nah, I think they have some point. You can't deny the horrific historical relationship between whites and blacks, and what's gone on between whites and other indigenous communities in lands they've colonised. And there has undoubtedly been rampant sycophancy from our lot towards whites, and blacks have historically been ostracised by whites for opportunities compared to browns - I saw this myself when I worked in the corporate environment for a few years after graduating.   

Or because we get on with 5hit and make something of ourselves despite the 5hitty situation,

I think apnay don't even admit this is happening (making them jewlike in their opportunism), and I think it's deeper than the simple narrative you make out above. Because a helluva lot of apnay would replicate this very oppressive social structure themselves if they could - keep it real - they have done exactly this in rural Panjab.   Blacks try and change the 5hitty situation, our lot weasel around it, never seriously confronting it. Whites 'punish' those societies who don't challenge their hegemony less than those that do.    

2 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

That's weird. All the google results from canada are white dudes attacking Sikhs. Weird how people's experience is so...subjective...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/sikh-assault-calgary-obhrai-1.4608993

https://www.thequint.com/news/world/hate-crime-sikh-man-in-canada-turban-torn-off-attacked-robbed-ottawa

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/columnists/sikhs-have-been-living-in-fear-of-hate-crimes-since-911/article4468643/ 

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2019/12/09/assessing_the_relationship_of_sikh-canadians_with_canada_and_india_114904.html

The entire first page of google is white people. 

black-2028174_640.png.d107260c68c7d3d49c3809032fc9db08.png

7 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Lol you dont follow the insta toronto pages. Videos would be posted everyday on that and people would be laughing in the comments. 

9 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Read the comments of nick cannons page when he would wear turban and also made his little son wear a turban. When it comes to sikhs everyone can say anything since we literally have no support and i never said white men dont attack turbaned sikh men.

• The title was changed to Racism in the USA
  • The topic was locked