Another interfaith marriage UK

Guest Anon

On 5/23/2022 at 4:18 PM, Guest Understanding said:

Children raised in the 70s and 80s. Canada in the early years prior to the flock of immigrants. I have no problem blending in with the majority. My peers gave me  complete respect for wearing a Distar/Dumala. Our pioneers came to the west but taught of that time that Sikhs are well behaved people. Women who need safety your can count on someone wear a Distar. For me I have had difficulties to be with my family and other Punjabis. Throughout my life I have always believed in Equality as per Guru Nanak Dev Jee. I left my past life behind but did not let go of my Distar. I went through rough times where I believed that God doesn't like me. So I shaved my beard but not my head. Why I did not shave my head because the true Lord has been with me. When my friend a white woman looked at my photo she was shocked. She said to me, "are not losing your identity." This brought me my clear picture. As we have been friends for few years. She now understood that what she thought about Sikhs is not true. She stated to me that there is a possibility that she might start wearing a distar and become a Khalsa. I think the biggest problem is with these unexperienced Orthodox Claiming to be huge worshippers of Wehaguru are not looking at themselves. We are all going to die the same way as others. We came to this world to make ourselves to be close to the truth Wehaguru.

I will apologize to those that do not agree with me.

I have never seen a problem in Canada with inter faith marriage. No you people Guru jee will guide them.

Singh ji, majority of us do have "one point in our life" the inferiority complex. Some people just don't get out of it. Sikhi is beyond the color of the skin or the demographics of east and west. Sikhi is the pure lifestyle where it requires stringent discipline. Bypassing those discipline then we are just sikhi in name only.

Interfaith marriages never work in practicality. Now if person is atheist and not religious then there is no issue and they do the court marriage. There are major differences in all religions and religious culture as well. 

On 5/23/2022 at 7:18 PM, Guest Understanding said:

I think the biggest problem is with these unexperienced Orthodox Claiming to be huge worshippers of Wehaguru are not looking at themselves. We are all going to die the same way as others. We came to this world to make ourselves to be close to the truth Wehaguru.

I will apologize to those that do not agree with me.

I have never seen a problem in Canada with inter faith marriage. No you people Guru jee will guide them.

I mean Vaheguru can save anyone, we can see examples of Ajamal Paapi and Ganika, and the great souls like Raja Janak could save many in hell with some Naam Jap, but marrying someone who's very lifestyle is contradictory to yours is impractical. If Non-Sikh did naam jap at amrit vela, kept Kesh, avoided 4 Bhujer Kurehits, and started to move towards "Spirituality" that's one thing, but aam banda and janani are not into that.

On 5/23/2022 at 3:52 PM, Guest GST said:

....So, the concern about dwindling number of Sikhs is well founded. However, the people marrying outside of our faith are probably not religious to begin with. So, what is the loss? ....

First, It is all in the hukam of Sri Akal Purakh sahib. Sikhs are never afraid of the numbers (there were days, where we were left just in thousands). Have we been focused on numbers, whole world would be amritdhari by now. So, that is not enough reason to allow multi-religious wedding where other faith teaching such as kafir ideology, my god is superior of all etc.. 

Second, if they are not sikh religious then why not get married in a church or court house? What tomorrow, you are going to raise the point that we are small in numbers and we may offend someone, so why not we simple remove the rule of covering head in hazzori of guru sahib. Where it will end? 

On 5/23/2022 at 6:43 AM, S1ngh said:

Those Mona relatives of yours do not believe in any other dharam right?  They may not be perfect and have many fundamental flaws but at least they don’t believe other god is the only way for salvation or call others kafir or believe in millions of god/goddess etc. 

Atheism is a dharam.