I just browsed shaadi.com for the first time in years

2 hours ago, BhForce said:

OK, this is very reasonable. Gurbani says don't be a fatso:

ਫਿਟੁ ਇਵੇਹਾ ਜੀਵਿਆ ਜਿਤੁ ਖਾਇ ਵਧਾਇਆ ਪੇਟੁ ॥

Cursed is that life, in which one eats to increase his belly.

This is reasonable, too. And it's traditional wisdom in our society, that's the reason the girl's side is said to be the "lower" side, because she's marrying up, supposedly. Because in our society, the point of marriage is to produce a family, and the man needs to be able to provision for his family.

And here we get to unreasonable. It's fine to want a man who earns a few tens of thousands more than you and have some money saved. It's unreasonable for every woman to think she can get a top doctor or millionaire.

I'm thinking that perhaps the answer is the crazy women will die alone, and their genes will die off. Meanwhile the reasonable women will reproduce.

Within the Rehitdhari Paanth maybe, but crazy selfish people breed like rabbits out of wedlock. 

On 3/22/2022 at 9:23 PM, californiasardar1 said:

Some observations:

- I recognize a very large number of women who had profiles on there 5-10 years ago (In many instances, their profiles appear to have the same photos ?). Even when I don't recognize a photo, other profile details show that they have been searching for years. For example, there will be a 40 year old women whose profile reads "Hi there! I am 35 years old and recently moved to X to start a new job." Also, most of the profiles are of women in their mid 30s or older.

How sad and shocking! I suppose their Knight in Shining Armor still hasn't shown up.

- Women in America have updated their income cutoffs. It used to typically be "$100,000 or above" and now most profiles are "125,000 or above" or "150,000 or above". In the UK, they seem to have increased the lower cutoff more modestly from 40k pounds to 50k pounds.

- As was the case back then, they are not shy about being EXTREMELY specific about what they require, even though they are looking for a partner from within a tiny population to begin with. For example, 35 year-old women looking for guys who are 35-37, 5'2" women looking for guys who are 5'10"-6'0", women looking for men in very limited geographic areas (where very few Punjabis live), or women looking for men who have very specific occupations.

Apne don't know how it's done. 

On 3/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, BhForce said:

If you look here: https://dqydj.com/income-by-sex/

you'll see that 85% of men earn less than $125000. 90% earn less than $150,000.

So right off the bat, these women are excluding 9 out of 10 men.

Out of that remaining 15% (or 10%), you have to exclude the already married, the ones who aren't 6 feet tall (average height in the US is 5'9"), aren't handsome, are too old or too young.

No wonder these women are single!

Yeah, the vast majority of men who are earning higher-end salaries are married and/or old

On 3/28/2022 at 8:28 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

I spoke of the reasons are length before.

Women always marry up and across, they will only marry down if the guy has potential.

The advent of social media has given a lot of women an ego boost so makes them more unrealistic. 

Most women find most men unattractive.

In a country where obesity is a thing, getting in shape already puts you in the top 10 per cent.

Being in shape alone can't put you in the top 10%.

It can help maybe in the context of obtaining short-term flings, but not marriage. Looks are not enough, women also want financial stability (preferably a lot more than stability).