Some home truths for Ravi Singh Khalsa Aid

proactive

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Found this tweet. More Singh's are questioning:

Sikhs are a community that, in the midst of their own struggle for survival, cares more about others than its own. I no longer know if it is a good thing or not

When this world continues along its unjust, and illogical trajectory, expect the next generations of Sikhs who aren't sheep to turn on the ones within our own community who led us into this situation. They aren't going to hold back. I may seem like I cross the line at times, but I know I definitely hold back. Future Singhs with anakh especially in the West aren't going to be so "chal ho". Going up against rival religions who outnumber us in the millions is impossible. So they'll turn their attentions to cleaning up in-house to ensure whoever we have left will have a stark reminder of what happens when you act stupidly and hurt your own interests. It won't be pretty.

9 minutes ago, proactive said:

There is no doubt that the Langar should always take place but maybe the Gurdwaras should insist on just basic langar of daal and roti and  take off the pressure off Sikh families in the area to make Langar with costly dishes. 

With the benefits of increased wealth and general economic prosperity of Western Sikhs, this seems to have had a negative affect on attitudes regarding these particular issues. I've seen it myself where our people's nakhre when it comes to the dishes available for langar are becoming quite obscene. Langar isn't a catering service. It's a reminder to be humble and nourish yourself with basic staples.