Some home truths for Ravi Singh Khalsa Aid

proactive

13 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

I'm not exaggerating anything. I have a hard time thinking of any mona I have met who has said "I am supposed to keep my kesh, but I don't. I should." Instead, they will make all kinds of arguments about why it is not required:

- Kesh is only required for amritdhari Sikhs (many people on SikhSangat even say this)

- They only believe in the first 9 Gurus and not Guru Gobind Singh (as absurd as that sounds, I have encountered multiple people who have stated this)

- It's not written in the Guru Granth Sahib that you need to keep kesh

- Kesh does not mean you are a good Sikh (and then they will give some examples), so it is not important

- Some shaheeds were monay, so kesh is not important

- What matters is what is in your heart, not on your outside

- lots of keshdharis/amritdharis are bad people, so kesh is unimportant

I could go on and on

Who is driving these guys out of the panth? They are already doing whatever they want and exerting greater control over Sikh institutions. On what basis do you claim that people are driving them out?

Nobody is pushing them out. Instead they are redefining Sikhi to suit their own lifestyles. And then people on SikhSangat complain about Sikhi being watered down.

Only Rehatwali Amritdharis should have power over any Gurdwaras, the problem with opening too many gurdwaras for business is a problem that Guru Sahib will surely punish the Panth for. Also Dil Saaf people are a lost cause unless they are willing to learn. Even Guru Sahib doesn't help those who claim their views are superior to Guru Sahib.

45 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Only Rehatwali Amritdharis should have power over any Gurdwaras, the problem with opening too many gurdwaras for business is a problem that Guru Sahib will surely punish the Panth for. Also Dil Saaf people are a lost cause unless they are willing to learn. Even Guru Sahib doesn't help those who claim their views are superior to Guru Sahib.

The SAD (which basically controls the Sikh institutions in Punjab) already fields many candidates who have haircuts or trimmed beards and do not keep rehat (in fact, a majority of their candidates these days probably fall under this category). Yes, I know, I know. The Badals are supposedly amritdhari and are rotten. But the fact that the SAD will happily field candidates that openly do not practice rehat shows where Punjab is headed. We already have our first mona CM. I think SGPC members will soon not be required to be amritdhari.

9 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

Seeing alot of critics in twitter sm about KA and other charities ..i think we should just give a chance this year to KA maybe they have upcoming projects in Panjab...

Shouldn't be forgetting that they do bring good pr for Sikhs (we live in the west),  and farmer protest ..besides Ravi has been having his health issues last few years..

I have a feeling they will focus more on Panjab and Sikhs because they have the resources and money ..

triggerfav-leslie-nielsen.gif

Need a proper paperwork to show the substance that they are spending ___% of sangat donation towards sikh cause.

In this kalyug world, I can do video marketing by paying few grand here and there and have someone wear a shirt and then go on gather millions in donation. I am not saying that they are doing thing (hopefully not) but need a proper substance and solid proof rather than posting some twitter posts as proof. 

On 4/27/2022 at 11:45 AM, MisterrSingh said:

Why do you champion a religious identity that you contort yourself into knots to avoid? Wouldn't it be best to - as the old Punjabi saying goes - aapne aap nu takhe rakho?

Punjabi sardari minus any sense of religiosity is synonymous with alcohol, partying, low-IQ boisterousness, and general consciousness barely above animal desires. I've seen an ungodly amount of gloriously white uncut beards and moustaches drenched in the froth of a pint of golden beer, and they've all been Punjabi sardars.

At least a monah clearly signals his desire for non-conformity; a sardar straddles the dividing line of identity while pulling the wool over the eyes of everyone around him. I find that to be considerably more calculating and insidious than the blunt "don't care" attitude of monay.

Misldars and some Singhs during Maharaja Ranjit Singh's times, including Ranjit Singh himself, were involved in similar things. Instead of beer they were drinking and some were overindulging in alcohol. He straddled the line of maryada often and akali Phoola Singh was there to keep watch and met out warnings and punishments.

On 4/27/2022 at 6:25 PM, californiasardar1 said:

I'm not exaggerating anything. I have a hard time thinking of any mona I have met who has said "I am supposed to keep my kesh, but I don't. I should." Instead, they will make all kinds of arguments about why it is not required:

- Kesh is only required for amritdhari Sikhs (many people on SikhSangat even say this)

- They only believe in the first 9 Gurus and not Guru Gobind Singh (as absurd as that sounds, I have encountered multiple people who have stated this)

- It's not written in the Guru Granth Sahib that you need to keep kesh

- Kesh does not mean you are a good Sikh (and then they will give some examples), so it is not important

- Some shaheeds were monay, so kesh is not important

- What matters is what is in your heart, not on your outside

- lots of keshdharis/amritdharis are bad people, so kesh is unimportant

I could go on and on

Who is driving these guys out of the panth? They are already doing whatever they want and exerting greater control over Sikh institutions. On what basis do you claim that people are driving them out?

Nobody is pushing them out. Instead they are redefining Sikhi to suit their own lifestyles. And then people on SikhSangat complain about Sikhi being watered down.

these people should understand that even Guru Nanak told sikhs to keep kesh, there are writings about Bhai Mardana being given hukam to keep kesh and passing this down to his descendants.

Cutting kesh is a bujjar kurahit and opens up to other kurahits such as kuttha halal and tobacco use.  End of the day, what is in your heart is just manmatt and not gurmatt.