Some home truths for Ravi Singh Khalsa Aid

proactive

5 minutes ago, Jassu said:

Literally Arabs have black Muslim slaves. Yet the black Muslims don’t leave Islam. Clearly peoples faith in sikhi isn’t as strong as we would like it to be

What seems INSANE to me when people say such things is that essentially it sounds like: "These other people accept slavery and oppression, people within our own society should do the same too."

It completely glosses over the fact that Sikh society emerged to combat and get away from these very things. Please think about it, you're saying that oppressed Sikhs should just quietly accept their lot. How is that going to work when the whole ethos of Sikhi is to confront and combat such oppression? And what effect does it have on people when certain people try and normalise such stank hypocrisy?     I think some just (understandably) after many generations give up on any chance of equal treatment and leave. Why not focus on changing those who are so invested in perpetuating such gross inequalities amongst our own panth?  

8 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Also, in the modern world where secularism has become globally pervasive in many places (especially like india), within a few generations these diasporans find that the people from the 'mother land' are totally unlike their own recent forefathers from the very same place. Whilst they try and cling on to some identity, many from the mother land have moved into another direction and have become something else. It's like a being stuck in a timewarp - but one where many of the older norms are better than the modern norms of the community.   

I also think witnessing the complete degeneracy of western countries also plays a part (and possibly being socially outcasted by people who claim they are not racist). These unique minorities start to think that old values and  traditions of their former community are more important. 

Just now, dallysingh101 said:

What seems INSANE to me when people say such things is that essentially it sounds like: "These other people accept slavery and oppression, people within our own society should do the same too."

It completely glosses over the fact that Sikh society emerged to combat and get away from these very things. Please think about it, you're saying that oppressed Sikhs should just quietly accept their lot. How is that going to work when the whole ethos of Sikhi is to confront and combat such oppression? And what effect does it have on people when certain people try and normalise such stank hypocrisy?     I think some just (understandably) after many generations give up on any chance of equal treatment and leave. Why not focus on changing those who are so invested in perpetuating such gross inequalities amongst our own panth?  

Yes but leaving the religion doesn’t make sense. Sikhi didn’t do anything wrong. People (humans) do.

Just now, Jassu said:

Yes but leaving the religion doesn’t make sense. Sikhi didn’t do anything wrong. People (humans) do.

Communities are defined by the actions of their members. Plus simply put, many Panjabis have a low tolerance for oppression. Aside from the recent dhundh de Sikh, some of the blood in us probably revolts at gross subservience.    

Just now, dallysingh101 said:

Communities are defined by the actions of their members. Plus simply put, many Panjabis have a low tolerance for oppression. Aside from the recent dhundh de Sikh, some of the blood in us probably revolts at gross subservience.    

That’s why 80% of punjabis with same genes are Muslims in Pakistan lmao

1 minute ago, Jassu said:

Also leaving sikhi isn’t making a stand. Staying in Sikhi and fighting against casteism would make more sense. Leaving sikhi literally doesn’t do anything. I will say it again: these Sikhs are pathetic 

You should know, many of them have been for along while. I think obdurate backwards attitudes over prolonged periods  disillusions them and after so long they seek fairer treatment elsewhere. Again, you're targeting the consequences of abhorrent behaviour, and just giving those practicing the abhorrent attitudes a free pass. 

2 minutes ago, Jassu said:

That’s why 80% of punjabis with same genes are Muslims in Pakistan lmao

Well, I grew up around them, and and have seen them fighting whites and blacks over racism (and I don't just mean boxing matches but weapons). So they got that in them. Hell, asides from forced conversions many might have converted to get away from degrading hindu caste oppression?