Some home truths for Ravi Singh Khalsa Aid

proactive

16 hours ago, SinghPunjabSingh said:

Indira Gandhi massacred pilgrims at Harmandar Sahib on the Shaheedi Diwas of Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj. Now imagine if Trump was President in 2022 and massacred everyone at the Superbowl this year. I daresay that millions of emotional American munday would also take up arms against a terrorist Government like that at the time.

This comment has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote.

18 hours ago, proactive said:

It is virtually impossible for Ravi Singh to change the whole strategy of his charity and concentrate on Sikhs, He has become a part of the woke worldview and has created a niche for our people to be mindless drones whose sole aim is to open up a free food stall at the drop of a hat. It is better to focus on other Sikh charities such as Your Seva and British Sikh Council which have been helping our people and are not involved in the constant self promotion that Ravi Singh and Khalsa Aid do. 

Correct me if I'm out of order, but I'm getting the impression that people of Ravi Singh's worldview (Sikhs or otherwise) have created a culture where to be a "true" Sikh is to demote Sikh interests and anything else that prioritises our uniqueness, in favour of a horribly skewed self-effacement that is fed by the spiritual doctrine that we're tacitly encouraged to dilute and play-down so as not to offend those who aren't us. This has to be partly attributable to us having a non-existent powerbase, because Punjab is not that place for us.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Correct me if I'm out of order, but I'm getting the impression that people of Ravi Singh's worldview (Sikhs or otherwise) have created a culture where to be a "true" Sikh is to demote Sikh interests and anything else that prioritises our uniqueness, in favour of a horribly skewed self-effacement that is fed by the spiritual doctrine that we're tacitly encouraged to dilute and play-down so as not to offend those who aren't us. This has to be partly attributable to us having a non-existent powerbase, because Punjab is not that place for us.

This whole forum is filled with people who want to dilute Sikhi so that they don't offend monay.

In fact, most singhs in general these days are prepared to bend over backwards to let monay practice whatever version of Sikhi fits their lifestyle.

Sikhs playing down Sikh interests in order to gain wider acceptance is mereley an extension of that.

19 hours ago, proactive said:

It is virtually impossible for Ravi Singh to change the whole strategy of his charity and concentrate on Sikhs, He has become a part of the woke worldview and has created a niche for our people to be mindless drones whose sole aim is to open up a free food stall at the drop of a hat. It is better to focus on other Sikh charities such as Your Seva and British Sikh Council which have been helping our people and are not involved in the constant self promotion that Ravi Singh and Khalsa Aid do. 

How much do these "Sikh focused" charities bring in in terms of donations compared to Khalsa Aid?

On 4/22/2022 at 4:18 PM, proudkaur21 said:

Show me one liberal muslim who has agreed to allow non muslims be married in mosques I'll wait. Even our gurudwaras break every sikh rehat during anand Karaj. Can such beadbi be allowed in islamic mosques. Please I'll wait. A religion in which the preachers themselves see nothing wrong with doing so much beadbis what are you teaching to your next generation? that it's fine to not follow rehat. Liberal muslims break Islamic rules knowing what they are doing is wrong. Whereas <banned word filter activated> low iq sikhs break rehat and act like they are doing an act of revolution.

People like you prop up those who live an anti-gurmat lifestyle as panthic heroes, and then you cry about "interfaith anand karajs."

We got to "interfaith anand karajs" in the first place because nobody enforces any rules. The huge volume of anti-gurmat activity that takes place during typical "Sikh" wedding festivities has made it difficult for the community to draw the line.

Also, can you please learn to write properly? You are talking about "low iq" people, but you write like a third grader.

37 minutes ago, proactive said:

BSC income £ 442K in 2019 expenditure £427K in 2019 -- Income £710K expenditure £786K in 2020

Your Seva  income £180K and expenditure £127K in 2020 

Compared to Khalsa Aid income £5 million and expenditure £1.7 million in 2021

These Sikh focussed charities are gaining more traction especially now with social media where KA pretty much gets a drubbing every day whenever there is an issue of Sikhs needing help comes up. All Ravi Singh can do is block people. 

Why does Khalsa Aid have so much more income? Have they been around much longer?