Can someone who knows more about Sikhi than me educate me on a few things?

2 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

I don't want to embarrass amritdharis by joining their group. They deserve better than me.

I am already a huge embarrassment to the Sikh community (> 90% of the posters on sikhsangat have said so at one point or another). I don't want to make it worse by becoming an embarrassment to the amritdhari Sikh community.

You're being facetious. "Embarrass amritdharis." What are you talking about? Women talk like that.

If marriage is off the cards and you hate moneh, then why not throw yourself into Sikhi wholeheartedly?

Do you find the commitment overwhelming? Is there something in the doctrine that doesn't sit right with your secular beliefs?

12 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

You're being facetious. "Embarrass amritdharis." What are you talking about? Women talk like that.

If marriage is off the cards and you hate moneh, then why not throw yourself into Sikhi wholeheartedly?

Do you find the commitment overwhelming? Is there something in the doctrine that doesn't sit right with your secular beliefs?

I'm not being facetious. I am content with my fate to not marry and have children partially (largely?) because it will ensure that I don't "contribute to" (pollute) the Sikh gene pool and further weaken the quam.

6 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

I'm not being facetious. I am content with my fate to not marry and have children partially (largely?) because it will ensure that I don't "contribute to" (pollute) the Sikh gene pool and further weaken the quam.

I respect your intellect. I don't have to agree with you on everything to acknowledge that you're a smart guy. But why do you identify Sikh males as the "problem" when it's Sikh females who've caused you grief? Doesn't that seem a little off to you?