Can someone who knows more about Sikhi than me educate me on a few things?

10 minutes ago, SinghPunjabSingh said:

There is no real concept of a Holiest place for Sikhs in the way Muslims pray to a black stone in Mecca. Otherwise why did Sikhs abandon the same to the terrorist state of Pakistan, if so? But in any case, the land of Pakistan is no more holy than east Punjab or the east coast of the States. What matters is our Shabad Guru and Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj which are omnipresent across the planet. So please whatever you do, please don't enrich the Pakistani terrorist regime under the guise of sharda via the pathetic Pakistan yatra! Spend your tourist dollars uplifting our own people in east Punjab instead. Thanks brother!

Mate, India and Pakistan government both hates us, are you going to call us to stop spending our tourist dollars in India? 

12 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Mate, India and Pakistan government both hates us, are you going to call us to stop spending our tourist dollars in India? 

Out of the Sikh population in India and Pakistan combined 99.9% of Sikhs live in India so I would still advocate that if you are going on a trip to that part of the world that we as a Qaum focus our tourist dollars on east Punjab and uplifting our poor Sikhs in the process rather than enriching those who support the 1947 Pakistani Genocide of Sikhs in which 25% of the Sikhs there were killed.

Obviously the more money we as overseas Sikhs invest in east Punjab the faster we can lift many of our brethren Sikhs out of poverty.

10 hours ago, SinghPunjabSingh said:

Out of the Sikh population in India and Pakistan combined 99.9% of Sikhs live in India so I would still advocate that if you are going on a trip to that part of the world that we as a Qaum focus our tourist dollars on east Punjab and uplifting our poor Sikhs in the process rather than enriching those who support the 1947 Pakistani Genocide of Sikhs in which 25% of the Sikhs there were killed.

Obviously the more money we as overseas Sikhs invest in east Punjab the faster we can lift many of our brethren Sikhs out of poverty.

Having lots of Sikhs live somewhere doesn't make a place more holy than somewhere else, otherwise Patna and Hazur Sahib wouldn't be 2 of the Takhts of the faith. And you still have not denounced India for 1947-today, and until you do that, this is my last reply to you on this topic.

On 4/7/2022 at 11:20 AM, californiasardar1 said:

Do Sikhs believe in "shrines"?

What do you mean by shrine?

Do Sikhs believe in pilgrimages?

What do you mean by pilgrimage? Do you mean a trip to a religious center? Or do you mean the belief that merely going to a religious center will grant you salvation?

Is Amritsar a "Holy City"?

Again all this stuff depends on what you mean. Sikhs consider the places that Gurus went to be holy.

ਜਿਥੈ ਜਾਇ ਬਹੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਸੋ ਥਾਨੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਾ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਜੇ ॥

ਗੁਰਸਿਖੀ ਸੋ ਥਾਨੁ ਭਾਲਿਆ ਲੈ ਧੂਰਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਵਾ ॥

Wherever my True Guru goes and sits, that place is beautiful, O Lord King.

The Guru's Sikhs seek out that place; they take the dust and apply it to their faces.

Guru Hargobind ji visited the places (such as Jagannathpuri) that Guru Nanak Dev ji visited.

This does not mean that if you live in Amritsar, you're automatically holy:

ਅਲਹੁ ਏਕੁ ਮਸੀਤਿ ਬਸਤੁ ਹੈ ਅਵਰੁ ਮੁਲਖੁ ਕਿਸੁ ਕੇਰਾ ॥

If God resides in one Mosque (Mecca), then whose is the other country?

• 2 weeks later...