Shud nihangs control our gurdwaras in villages and cities?

Just now, shastarSingh said:

In future we can hv nihang chaunnis in desert areas of the world and nihangs can keep camels for being chakarwarti.

Camel dung can be used for cooking.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-cooking-in-a-pot-on-fire-made-of-dried-camel-dung-during-pushkar-camel-51011437.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-emirates-energy-camels-idUSKCN1UG0GR

@GurjantGnostic???

On 4/11/2022 at 5:44 AM, shastarSingh said:

We make too many big marble gurdwaras with lots of air conditioners. It's waste of money and bad for environment.

For once, I agree with you. All we need is only one simple Gurwdwara in each and every pind and area of local population mass rather than multiple RAW-controlled fancy marble and gold leafed Gurdwareh.

On 4/11/2022 at 8:08 AM, Premi5 said:

Shud nihangs control our gurdwaras in villages and cities?”

They know how to fight so I think they should be given a chance to improve security of Gurdwaras and stop ‘beadbi’ incidents

That was true of the Akali Nihangs (the original Nihangs) up till 1849. Unfortunately after the killings of all genuine Akali Nihangs opposed to the racist British Empire the British replaced the original Akali Nihangs with neo-Nihangs or Nangs who have never really fought for Sikh interests during the last 170 years as we see in the case of Santa Sin and Nang Poohla Sin and the fact that the Nangs sided with the British 100years ago during the Akali movement, did nothing towards independence from the British, did nothing during the 1947 Pakistani Genocide of the Sikhs during which 25% of the Sikh population was killed and neither have they done anything to fight the Drugs War inflicted upon Sikhs by Pakistan and Delhi after 1984. But occasionally RAW do wheel out their Nang agents in order to besmirch Sikhs after a Beadbi incident as the trick is to kill the drug addict rather than expose RAW's hand in these Beadbi incidents which are done deliberately to distract Sikhs.

2 hours ago, BhForce said:

I think you may not be familiar with the rehitnamas that state that Khalsa should not use cow dung for preparation of Guru's langar. Yeah, I know that plenty of people in the pinds use it, but the Khalsa rehit forbids it because the Khalsa disdains the Brahmin's worship of the cow.

Brother I usually agree with 90% of your posts but if you will permit me to jokingly say on this occasion ... that was this Rehitnama where milk is banned for use in parshad, dhai or chaa served at Langar too lest the Sangat starts worshipping cows as a result? 

Obviously burning dung emits far greater quantities of dioxins and chlorophenols compared to wood, which are damaging to human health. From an energy perspective, the methanization of dung in a biogas digester is a better alternative, as cow dung contains 50% methane and 30% carbon dioxide by mass when converted into biogas.

42 minutes ago, SinghPunjabSingh said:

For once, I agree with you. All we need is only one simple Gurwdwara in each and every pind and area of local population mass rather than multiple RAW-controlled fancy marble and gold leafed Gurdwareh.

That was true of the Akali Nihangs (the original Nihangs) up till 1849. Unfortunately after the killings of all genuine Akali Nihangs opposed to the racist British Empire the British replaced the original Akali Nihangs with neo-Nihangs or Nangs who have never really fought for Sikh interests during the last 170 years as we see in the case of Santa Sin and Nang Poohla Sin and the fact that the Nangs sided with the British 100years ago during the Akali movement, did nothing towards independence from the British, did nothing during the 1947 Pakistani Genocide of the Sikhs during which 25% of the Sikh population was killed and neither have they done anything to fight the Drugs War inflicted upon Sikhs by Pakistan and Delhi after 1984. But occasionally RAW do wheel out their Nang agents in order to besmirch Sikhs after a Beadbi incident as the trick is to kill the drug addict rather than expose RAW's hand in these Beadbi incidents which are done deliberately to distract Sikhs.

Brother I usually agree with 90% of your posts but if you will permit me to jokingly say on this occasion ... that was this Rehitnama where milk is banned for use in parshad, dhai or chaa served at Langar too lest the Sangat starts worshipping cows as a result? 

Obviously burning dung emits far greater quantities of dioxins and chlorophenols compared to wood, which are damaging to human health. From an energy perspective, the methanization of dung in a biogas digester is a better alternative, as cow dung contains 50% methane and 30% carbon dioxide by mass when converted into biogas.

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

We don't worship cow but we love cows.

OK, it's fine to say that we love cows in the way that we love horses. The Bahman doesn't love horses.

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

Dasmesh Pita in amazing Uggardanti Bani says that He will finish off cow slaughter from this world.

I think you're taking Guru ji's tuk in Uggradanti:

ਅਸੁਰ ਮਾਰ ਕਰ ਰੱਛ ਗਉਅਨ ਕਰੀਜੈ।।
Kill the demons, protect the cows.

a bit too literally, bro. ਗਊ should be read as "innocent, loving creatures" not one specific species of bovines.

If you think ਗਊ just refers to cows, how do you interpret this line from Akal Ustat:

ਹਾਥੀ ਕੀ ਪੁਕਾਰ ਪਲ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਹੁਚਤ ਤਾਹਿ ਚੀਟੀ ਕੀ ਚਿੰਗਾਰ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਹੀ ਸੁਨੀਅਤੁ ਹੈਂ॥ ॥੪॥੨੫੬॥
The cry of an elephant reaches (God) a second after; the cry of an ant reaches even before (he cries).

Do you think that Guru ji was talking just about elephants' cries?

It's a metaphor. The fulfilling meaning is that God listens to the prayer of a humble man before he listens to that of a power man.

Similarly, I think it makes a mockery of Guru ji's intentions to think that Guru Sahib meant to lead a pro-cow crusade.

It that's what you think, then why didn't Guru ji do that in their own lifetime?

The meaning of "protection of the weak" seems more correct.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:14 AM, shastarSingh said:

We make too many big marble gurdwaras with lots of air conditioners. It's waste of money and bad for environment. Nihang gurdwaras are so good for environment. Our punjab will be full of thousands of horses. Horse liddd (dung) is great for soil and farming.

It can also be used as a fuel just as cow dung.

Lpg cylinders r BAD and expensive.

Wood is good but we hv cut so much wood that we don't even hv wood for burning dead people in India.

@GurjantGnosticCan horse dung be used for cooking?

Nihang baba hari Singh and nihang baba Raja Raj Singh are great souls. If they are among the top people controlling our gurdwaras, future is bright.

10 minutes ago, BhForce said:

OK, it's fine to say that we love cows in the way that we love horses. The Bahman doesn't love horses.

I think you're taking Guru ji's tuk in Uggradanti:

ਅਸੁਰ ਮਾਰ ਕਰ ਰੱਛ ਗਉਅਨ ਕਰੀਜੈ।।
Kill the demons, protect the cows.

a bit too literally, bro. ਗਊ should be read as "innocent, loving creatures" not one specific species of bovines.

If you think ਗਊ just refers to cows, how do you interpret this line from Akal Ustat:

ਹਾਥੀ ਕੀ ਪੁਕਾਰ ਪਲ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਹੁਚਤ ਤਾਹਿ ਚੀਟੀ ਕੀ ਚਿੰਗਾਰ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਹੀ ਸੁਨੀਅਤੁ ਹੈਂ॥ ॥੪॥੨੫੬॥
The cry of an elephant reaches (God) a second after; the cry of an ant reaches even before (he cries).

Do you think that Guru ji was talking just about elephants' cries?

It's a metaphor. The fulfilling meaning is that God listens to the prayer of a humble man before he listens to that of a power man.

Similarly, I think it makes a mockery of Guru ji's intentions to think that Guru Sahib meant to lead a pro-cow crusade.

It that's what you think, then why didn't Guru ji do that in their own lifetime?

The meaning of "protection of the weak" seems more correct.

Beef production carries an enormous environmental footprint, contributing to land and water degradation, deforestation, acid rain, biodiversity loss, and even the degeneration of coral reef.

@GurjantGnostic ???

Just now, BhForce said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing for eating beef or beef production.

All I'm saying is it makes more sense to interpret that line from Uggradanti (ਗਊ) as the innocent and meek as opposed to interpreting it as calling for a pro-cow crusade.

Yes Khalsa saves the innocent and meek too.