Racism - callout as it is

S1ngh

That film was brutal, I wonder if things are still that bad there. I actually went to Compton while I was in LA, it was OK along their main high street but I felt a bit uneasy in the more residential area. Again, a random friendly black person spoke to me about the nice weather and I got quite a rude response from some Mexicans when I asked for directions.

My brother did a short stint in NY. He said in general people are rude, even policemen when asked for directions. lol

Going to defo watch that film again. Some of those older films have no parallel with newer ones.  

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Compton has taken a demographic change. It used to be majority black but now it is more Latino. 

Yes, most formerly black areas in Los Angeles are now full of Latinos due to mass immigration in the 90s and 2000s from Central America. A lot of the blacks have moved out to places like Atlanta which are black majority cities.

14 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Yes, most formerly black areas in Los Angeles are now full of Latinos due to mass immigration in the 90s and 2000s from Central America. A lot of the blacks have moved out to places like Atlanta which are black majority cities.

I've heard from people who've been there that it is like a well to do, prosperous black area - not at all like the ghetto stereotype of popular imagination?