Racism - callout as it is

S1ngh

1 hour ago, Deepthinking22 said:

Look at the hate in this one lol.  And still some cowards in the community refuse to believe there is a legit problem.  Look at the one at 3.03 for instance.  Imagine whites going round saying stuff like this, you would be up in arms, but no, because they are black, it's ok.  Jokers. This is literally one of thousands of examples, I am not kidding you. 

Smelly, dirty p#kis was a common phrase in the UK. People fought to make people shut up. So yeah, whites  done this and much worse. I think most black people can be educated against these types of attacks quite easily once we've got our act right. And that means projecting strength.   

More racism In the US

@californiasardar1 @Jacfsing2 @NaamTiharoJoJape @Not2Cool2Argue

https://news.yahoo.com/civil-suit-filed-against-county-021900045.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAG_uu9uyHxaJhMDeSf6j6dVVXi4RAEgXbnd0sGc2wxSZuD_UMBCDx2QJOZ1QLjyw5qE660J0z0n8WIY8UFwkurbDNqc8nA0edU9zfOueKNnBoJeJI3A1njmtoLk3rMRdF7F4HNEjdQ3VbfnQs__BpIu4B8NAJah2hu_a3I5Z2PEO

Civil suit filed against county, SCSO officers in possible hate crime incident

Robert Summa, Appeal-Democrat, Marysville, Calif.
Wed, May 11, 2022, 3:19 AM·

May 10—Nearly a year after a Sutter County resident and first-generation Sikh American was involved in an incident in which he was allegedly threatened with a racial slur and violence and later subjected to more slurs and hateful graffiti at his residence, a civil suit is being filed against the county, officers with the Sutter County Sheriff's Office and the individual who threatened him.

According to Graham West, media and communications director for the Sikh Coalition, the Sikh civil rights organization also is urging the Sutter County District Attorney's Office to bring criminal charges.

"Almost one year ago, Mr. Rouble Paul Claire, a first generation Sikh American and father whose family has called Sutter home since 1973, was threatened with a racial slur and vehicular violence at a local store and then, in a second separate but related incident hours later, subjected to more racial slurs and hateful graffiti at his home," West said in a statement. "Mr. Claire, age 66, immediately notified the Sutter County Sheriff's Office (SCSO); but after months of delay and inconsistent responses, he retained the Sikh Coalition for free legal help in October of 2021.”

According to West and the Sikh Coalition, Claire was allegedly "accosted by a woman in his neighborhood while at South Butte Market" on May 11, 2021. The woman allegedly yelled and cursed at Claire. She allegedly called Claire a "f***ing Hindu" and threatened to "ram" him with her car. She then got back into her car and allegedly sped toward Claire in the parking lot, before swerving away at the last moment.

Later that day, a separate woman that was allegedly connected to the "assailant," wrote "sand n****r," a racist slur used against people of Middle Eastern descent, in chalk outside of Claire's house and in his driveway. She also allegedly called him a "n****r," an ethnic slur typically used against Black people.

"I have been subject to threats, harassment, and racial slurs — yet almost a full year later, no one has been held accountable," Claire said in a statement. "For months after immediately reporting these hateful acts, I sat in silence waiting for action that never came. I did not want to have to take legal action against anyone, but I believe that this failure of justice is unacceptable: No one in our community should have to face this kind of hate and bigotry."

The Sikh Coalition said Claire received "little aid," despite multiple appeals to the SCSO. The group alleged that a deputy who responded to the incident outside Claire's home "used his own water bottle in an attempt to wash away the evidence before taking photos for the office."

On 5/9/2022 at 1:56 PM, Deepthinking22 said:

Look at the hate in this one lol.  And still some cowards in the community refuse to believe there is a legit problem.  Look at the one at 3.03 for instance.  Imagine whites going round saying stuff like this, you would be up in arms, but no, because they are black, it's ok.  Jokers. This is literally one of thousands of examples, I am not kidding you. 

Brooo trust me they say even worse sh!t when the camera isn't on them. Blacks are really racist

Actually I saw a lot of these videos too and a lot of black people keep saying Indian, in fact some other races like whites or other brown people were saying it too but kaleh literally would be super racist about it.

https://www.wuwm.com/podcast/lake-effect-segments/2012-08-07/expert-sikhs-have-long-been-targets-of-discrimination-violence?_amp=true

Sikhs have a rich history in and contributed greatly to the Milwaukee area - as they have had around the country.

But several sources have told us over the last couple of days that Sikhs have long been targets of discrimination and even violence, very much like the shootings at the Oak Creek temple. And while police maintain that they do not yet know of a motive behind Sunday's violence, it is hard for many in the community not to feel targeted once again.

Trinity College professor of South Asian History Vijay Prashad says Sikhs have dealt with racism and ignorance about their faith since they came to this country, particularly since 9/11. Prashad is the author of the book Uncle Swami: South Asians in America Today and recently wrote an opinion editorial on Sikhs in the United States called "The Sense of White Supremacy" at CounterPunch.com.

He joins Lake Effect's Stephanie Lecci on the phone from Connecticut, and gives us first a brief history of Sikhs in the States.

??

image.png