What's holding Sikhs back?

Big_Tera

2 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

And these people are the so called sikhs of today lol. But we were not always like this. Can you imagine our ancestors acting in such an undisciplined way? Now the image of a sikh is that of a low iq dancing drunkard. What a fall we have had. And people take pride in using vulgar language, singing nonsense punjabi songs, dancing like clowns and call it punjabi culture. 

Its a stigma attached to Punjabis for a long time. I mean my experience most Punjabi families are always inner fighting,  never get along fighting land money jealously pulling each others leg... then kids who grow up in that environment of toxicity end up 'rebelling'..marry outside community or end up doing wrong things . Gurudwares inner fights, street fighting, etc this is why may or heard most grow up wanting to move away from any Punjabi hotspot neighborhood. You want to live with gora area lol discipline and away from the negativity. 

Some traits are just inherited in Punjabis.. 

Just now, dallysingh101 said:

That's the thing we have to grasp though, in their own heads (and those cut of a similar cloth) they think they look really cool doing this..... 

You are right. They deffo think they look cool by acting in such a way. Seen videos of the wedding dances and the way these people behave ...... another point is that they are made viral by similar low iq people from our communities which makes them and even others think that doing this makes them look great and modern. I think if alot of us start shaming these people they most likely will not change but they will get the hint that the way they behave is not liked by a good fraction of people.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:39 PM, dallysingh101 said:

All things said and done, we need to overhaul Panajbi 'culture' and push it into more intelligent directions. 

Lets be realistic... Intellects are Chinese, Japanese etc Eastern Asians and Jews specifically jews ashkenazi (known as the smartest race) ...than you got Blacks not for intellects but sports dominate in sports, indians hindus are smart ofc but not for fighting and  Punjabis are do well in labor and creativity arts lol

2 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Apne are always fighting . Like the amount of drama a typical punjabi family has.... Most punjabi families have a very bad environment. The kids grow up seeing how the people behave and they in turn become like them.

I know families for killed their own blood for jameen. Its got worse know over the years with open marriages affairs etc..

I love our culture and history is so rich and full of pain and you want to do something for the kaum..but realistically that era is gone now. You got to keep your distance and never fall for anything face value especially. 

3 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

I know families for killed their own blood for jameen. Its got worse know over the years with open marriages affairs etc..

I love our culture and history is so rich and full of pain and you want to do something for the kaum..but realistically that era is gone now. You got to keep your distance and never fall for anything face value especially. 

Lol I know someone in a distant family most likely killed a girl for marrying outside of sikhi. I dont know how I feel about it though.