What's holding Sikhs back?

Big_Tera

33 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

They all had haircuts except for one guy who was wearing a patka (UK style, where the joora is tied at the back, not the top) and had a trimmed beard.

I didn't know this goes on. I'm not planning to go there anytime soon, but I'm glad you gave me a heads up so I don't have a heart attack if I came across it with no warning. 

Our lot are clowns. F**k jut culture and it's prancing around at any given opportunity. I bet you the local sullay who pass by are probably laughing at the buffoonery.  Apnay literally acting like kunjars. 

5 hours ago, Premi5 said:

They were probably equally as likely to be of Tharkhaan background . Tharkhaans are not only skilled artisans but many I have known play dhol and wear patka with trimmed dhari. Many Tharkhaans have been active in the UK Panjabi music scene, don’t forget that !

I know. And I resent it. 

The stupidity has spread throughout the panth. Those tarkhaans need lessons on what the difference between their own culture and barn dancing culture is in my opinion.   They need to be condemned too. There were historical reasons that the music culture developed in the UK that we've discussed ad nauseum now, we need to get the idea of how it now screws us over in multiple ways (and is used by outsiders to turn us into clowns) firmly into the majority of apnay's head.  It's gone from putting girls on a plate, turning males into jamboreeing buffoons, to now  creating some contrived 'gangsta' stuff that (from what I'm seeing) is mainly going to cause apnay to kill other apnay - especially inbetween juts - which is exactly what we are seeing with Moosewala and Brar.  

your other point - do we need our community to become demonised in the Uk media for us to develop the same type of ‘us vs them’ identity that Uk Paks developed around 30-35 years ago? 
 Because that seems to have brought them closer to their Islamic culture and away from Panjabi culture .

I don't know if we've got enough insularity for that? And frankly, I'm beginning to believe a lot of people historically jumped on the ship for purely status/economic purposes, so they don't have any real feelings towards Sikh values, and their families never ever did. And this is glaring from how they will jump on all manner of other cultures and knowingly sell their own out. But that being said, probably plenty of sullay panjabis did the same historically as well. Having grown up around those sullay and seeing them over decades, I'm wondering if all the first cousin marriage makes them more devious and perceptive than our lot? But maybe it's the 'kumbha-yaah' way 'Sikhism' has been taught for the last few generations, with it's outdated emphasis on being 'secular' and 'liberal' that screws up a lot of people's head growing up - so they have a childlike grasp of people's real nature - which explains the 'stupid' and 'gullible' stereotype? It's like it prevents them from forming a healthy concept of boundaries between different belief systems/ways of life, as well as the undeniable truth about the dark nature of many humans and societies. 

The other type will just keep banging on about how great their jaat is, and how high they are, creating hordes of simple brained pendus with 'delusions of grandeur' which make them averse to thinking about any serious panthic unity and cooperation outside of their (by the looks of it) dysfunctional biraderi system.   I use the word dysfunctional because it's a strange brotherhood, where murder and scamming over land and property aren't uncommon, and it also affiliates these people to hordes of gairhSikhs who've openly had a hostile attitude to the panth for a while.   These novel ways of thought seem to stem from the colonial era when the whole game was to make docile, useful citizens, and also counter any resistance by employing a divide and rule  strategy. So it has logical and explainable antecedents?

I think we are beginning to see an emergence of mainstream media start to demonise Sikhs, or turn a blind eye to any issues they face.  

Sullay turned away from Panjabi culture because they somehow knew early on where this stuff will lead us. I remember the early guys who started doing parchaar in my ends, they were street guys. They weaned their own off drinking, and as we all know, bullied their women folk into not attending bhangra gigs.  What's weird, is that I find myself seeing what they are seeing about 'our culture'. What do you think the chances are of the majority of apnay seeing things like that too? 

Also we need (has to be said) 'cool' Sikhi alternatives to the bhangra/pendu/non-intellectual culture, to fill the void. Having a bunch of conservative, momma's boys, boring people preaching won't cut it.  

And what if we pull it off in  the UK, what about all the jaloos going on in Canada? Which direction will the Aussie Sikhs (and others) go too?  

2 hours ago, 5aaban said:

Aussie Sikhs are a mixed bag. Most are fairly traditional though. So you would rarely hear of a women engaging in things like  drinking although the men like to drink. 

Shisha/Hooka culture in Australia isn't big so I don't know any Sikh who does that. 

That might be because it's early days? It only takes a generation or two for things to change. The proliferation of bhangra culture is normally the catalyst. Mix that culture (which is now heavily entwined with booze) and an open liberal friendly attitude, and certain predatory people will pick up on the weakness and jump on it. And that's not just sullay, but goray too. Plus you know how many apnay and apneean like to make a jaloos of themselves dancing at every opportunity in this way.   

I know more Sikhs in Australia with 3-4 kids than ones in Panjab, who generally stick to 2 nowadays.  

Numbers only matter if the kids are coming out with strong identities. Otherwise many just ultimately end up elsewhere. We know goray have a history of trying to breed people out through promoting mixed race relationships with females over generations too - Rabbit Proof Fence style. 

Bhangra culture is coming here but not as much as Canada, USA etc.  

One thing that is annoying, like you mentioned, is the highly liberalised/secularised view of Sikhi thats spread among the past few generations. It does a lot of damage to young minds. 

These things can be like a rapidly spreading cancer. 

The only plus is that people have been given a heads up by the UK crew? That might make some more astute people pick up on things quicker than they would have otherwise.

1 hour ago, proudkaur21 said:

If a person achieved great things I wouldnt mind them singing songs about it but what has been achieved in the past few decades other than abandoning our motherland and running away and then singing about how great we are sitting in other people's countries lol.

It's empty posturing. Doesn't make sense.

On 6/1/2022 at 1:02 PM, Premi5 said:

oya jatta, go back to pakastan and take your bodda with you! =D

On 6/4/2022 at 12:53 PM, 5aaban said:

Aussie Sikhs are a mixed bag. Most are fairly traditional though. So you would rarely hear of a women engaging in things like  drinking although the men like to drink. 

Shisha/Hooka culture in Australia isn't big so I don't know any Sikh who does that. 

I know more Sikhs in Australia with 3-4 kids than ones in Panjab, who generally stick to 2 nowadays. 

Bhangra culture is coming here but not as much as Canada, USA etc.  

One thing that is annoying, like you mentioned, is the highly liberalised/secularised view of Sikhi thats spread among the past few generations. It does a lot of damage to young minds. 

Is there a racism problem for sikhs and in schools? I was surprised with one of those freshie viral youtube channels where the family lives in Australia, and father wears pagh and the son has a haircut and has a warrior name like Tegh Singh. So is there a big racism problem like the uk sikh immigrants used to face decades back, from goray and schoolkids?

On 6/4/2022 at 11:30 AM, Premi5 said:

They were probably equally as likely to be of Tharkhaan background . Tharkhaans are not only skilled artisans but many I have known play dhol and wear patka with trimmed dhari. Many Tharkhaans have been active in the UK Panjabi music scene, don’t forget that !

your other point - do we need our community to become demonised in the Uk media for us to develop the same type of ‘us vs them’ identity that Uk Paks developed around 30-35 years ago? 
 Because that seems to have brought them closer to their Islamic culture and away from Panjabi culture .

alot of weddings I go to seems like some kind of kenya sikh is on the dholi team, can tell from the pagh. Also there are tarkhan background producers in the uk. I remember the tram beard was a big thing for takhans in the 2000s punjabi music industry!

On 6/4/2022 at 9:45 AM, dallysingh101 said:

I didn't know this goes on. I'm not planning to go there anytime soon, but I'm glad you gave me a heads up so I don't have a heart attack if I came across it with no warning. 

Our lot are clowns. F**k jut culture and it's prancing around at any given opportunity. I bet you the local sullay who pass by are probably laughing at the buffoonery.  Apnay literally acting like kunjars. 

Don't worry we they will get the pakstani jattas and pak punjabis to join in! Have you seen some of the pakistani weddings on tiktok, some of them are mad when doing bhangra, look a proper joke when doing it though so embarrassing..