Paedophile Rochdale grooming gang member, 51, who got a 13-year-old girl pregnant argues he shouldn't be deported to Pakistan because his son needs a role model

24 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Western culture is more individualistic in a lot of ways. It has both it's positives and negatives. 

It does. I'm always mentally comparing and contrasting decent Punjabi (non-degenerate) culture and theirs. One thing I admire is how they encourage an adventurous curiosity in their kids. Punjabis are incredibly risk averse to the point where they extinguish any out-of-the-box thinking in youngsters. Probably explains why we easily defer to various types of authority, which is weird considering Punjabis also have a wild, rebellious streak. So many contradictions.

30 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

The "decent Punjabi culture" you speak of doesn't appear to exist in any substantial way today.

There's pockets of it here and there in the UK at least, and from my own observations and experiences the families who possess this quiet, reserved demeanour are largely those families whose elders served in the Indian armed forces in the last century. It's a mentality that's almost inherited down through the generations but clearly diminishes with each subsequent generation as the disciplinary "memory" enforced by a patriarch fades away.

36 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

Anyway, Punjabis (and Indians more generally) lack critical thinking skills, and that is probably partially due to the intolerance for out-of-the-box thinking that you point out (and lack of promotion of creativity more generally, I would argue).

That wild Punjabi rebelliousness I mentioned mostly seems to emerge at the behest of cunning Punjabi leadership who weaponise it for their own gain for various large scale struggles and movements. That's the only time you'll see society approve the social shackles being thrown off and authority being challenged. Individually - in times of "peace" and things being relatively calm and settled - we revert to strict conformity. Funny, that our leaders approve of us going off-script only when they want us to destroy ourselves so they can ultimately gain power on the back of our sacrifices.

53 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Gorey are not as obsessed with their relatives as much as apne but they do care more about the wider society and what impact their actions will have on that. Indians are usually the opposite. 

From the works of art (novels, films, music) they produce, they have an unhealthy obsession with denigrating "home" (birthplace, hometown / city) as something to be left behind and outgrown at the first opportunity. Again, that could be interpreted as a positive in terms of exhibiting ambition to "make it" in a metropolitan hub where the powerful and the influential convene. Apne NRI try to ape this behaviour -- even the least talented and capable -- and it just come across as an unintentional parody of white behaviour. Although I'm probably downplaying how some Punjabi home situations are exceedingly 5hitty.

1 hour ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Gorey are not as obsessed with their relatives as much as apne but they do care more about the wider society and what impact their actions will have on that. Indians are usually the opposite. 

Most gorey also tend to work in careers they have a genuine passion for rather than purely for monetary reasons or how society will judge them. This also leads to innovation. 

The bowing down to authority is common throughout Asia, even in prosperous places like Japan and these places also lack innovation. The Japanese (and now Chinese)  often take Western inventions and just make them better rather than inventing things themselves. 

i think wanting to study and work what you enjoy is more of a privilege of rich and stable societies.

2 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

I don't doubt you are right about the "pockets" in the UK. But I must say that, generally speaking, I was very surprised when I learned how lax most UK Punjabi families appeared to be with their children. Families tolerating their sons and daughters (!) being out late partying and coming home in the middle of the night. Girls drinking openly in front of their parents are parties. Girls wearing revealing clothing while still living at home. When I was growing up, no Punjabis who still lived with their family could get away with that. They could only do it by moving out of the house.

Anyway, I am old and out of touch. It seems like Punjabi families EVERYWHERE are much less strict these days than when I was growing up.

Punjabi families are in shambles. Punjabis take the worst of other cultures rather than having a good balance.