smethwick gravesend coventry derby southall rich sikhs

joker

On 7/18/2022 at 6:22 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

For all their cunning they have a petulant adolescent mentality. 

Never mistake cunning for wisdom. 

They come from an environment where it is dog eat dog. They are not used to altruism. 

When they see altruism they see it as weakness, something that should be exploited. 

They see everything as a race. Who gets pakka first and will always attempt to steal a march.

You giving them advice is seen through the prism "Are they holding me back?"

If you have seen the cartoon Wacky Races, <banned word filter activated> Dastardly and Muttley would be seen as the good guys by the people in Punjab.

It is not that they are necessarily bad people, it is their morality is coloured by their environment. 

How do they suddenly turn on a dime and know how to behave themselves as soon as they step foot on foreign soil? Doesn't that suggest a calculating mindset?

That would suggest to me that when they're on their home soil, they're taking the pi55 and taking advantage of their environment, which makes them look even worse, because it suggests that when the opportunity to do bad is presented to them in a place where they know they won't be singled out for it, they choose to indulge themselves. That's some serious sociopathic nonsense.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

How do they suddenly turn on a dime and know how to behave themselves as soon as they step foot on foreign soil? Doesn't that suggest a calculating mindset?

That would suggest to me that when they're on their home soil, they're taking the pi55 and taking advantage of their environment, which makes them look even worse, because it suggests that when the opportunity to do bad is presented to them in a place where they know they won't be singled out for it, they choose to indulge themselves. That's some serious sociopathic nonsense.

do you think most groups of people would act in this way if they knew they can behave in any way they want in some environment with no bad consequences?

On 7/19/2022 at 3:13 AM, joker said:

never heard so much nonesense. punjabi are self centered?, where does seva, langar come from.Majority of amritdaris in their 70s had elvis and beatles haircuts , when they came to the uk.Check their old photographs.Most of the gurdwaras seva people and doners are punjab born.Uk born sikhs use big words, make alot of noise, but rarely put their hands in their pockets

Personally if you take away sikhi from Punjabis that is what the majority of us would most likely be like. These ideals come from Sikhi not Punjabi culture. What were Punjabis like before Sikhi and how do Punjabis act when they distance themsleves from sikhi , I don't think we have a honorbale culture like the Japanese for example.

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

They are very adaptable and can have great social intelligence. 

They are very good and adept to suss out the landscape very quickly.

They cannot get away to the extent like they back in Punjab but they find loop holes to exploit in the west. 

1 hour ago, proudkaur21 said:

Personally if you take away sikhi from Punjabis that is what the majority of us would most likely be like. These ideals come from Sikhi not Punjabi culture. What were Punjabis like before Sikhi and how do Punjabis act when they distance themsleves from sikhi , I don't think we have a honorbale culture like the Japanese for example.

punjabis would have had dharmik values, or otherwise islamic values since many were muslims as well

1 hour ago, proudkaur21 said:

do you think most groups of people would act in this way if they knew they can behave in any way they want in some environment with no bad consequences?

You've got to live with that voice in your head that tells you you're a piece of 5hit when you've been scummy. Unless someone's a complete psycho, it's very difficult to turn off that voice.

38 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

They are very adaptable and can have great social intelligence. 

They are very good and adept to suss out the landscape very quickly.

They cannot get away to the extent like they back in Punjab but they find loop holes to exploit in the west.

Basically, you can never trust or relax around Punjabis, because you just don't know whether that front they're projecting at a particular moment is authentic or not.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Basically, you can never trust or relax around Punjabis, because you just don't know whether that front they're projecting at a particular moment is authentic or not.

My father once told me that our people aren't 2 faced, they are more like four faced or five faced. 

I come to think that they are all authentic it just depends on the situation as our people are quite contradictory.

They are all things and every thing all at the same time. 

In terms of trust, I guess it depends on the varying degrees, the question is what are you trusting them with?

You have to maintain certain boundaries but be able to mingle with them without disclosing too much.

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

My father once told me that our people aren't 2 faced, they are more like four faced or five faced. 

I come to think that they are all authentic it just depends on the situation as our people are quite contradictory.

They are all things and every thing all at the same time. 

In terms of trust, I guess it depends on the varying degrees, the question is what are you trusting them with?

You have to maintain certain boundaries but be able to mingle with them without disclosing too much.

You have to keep your 'Fight or Flight' instinct tuned up to the max around them, lol. That apparently leads to PTSD if it continues long enough without respite (emotional trauma). So maybe that thing of them being dead behind the eyes has some actual scientific validity.