Bespoke Painting - Harmandir Sahib

Singh375

ਭਾਗਠੜੇ ਹਰਿ ਸੰਤ ਤੁਮੑਾਰੇ ਜਿਨੑ ਘਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਾ ॥
bhaagaThaRe har sa(n)t tum(h)aare jin(h) ghar dhan har naamaa ||
Your Saints are very fortunate; their homes are filled with the wealth of the Lord's Name.

ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ਗਣੀ ਸੇਈ ਇਹ ਆਏ ਸਫਲ ਤਿਨਾ ਕੇ ਕਾਮਾ ॥੧॥
paravaan ganee seiee ieh aae safal tinaa ke kaamaa ||1||
Their birth is approved, and their actions are fruitful. ||1||

ਮੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੈ ਹਉ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਈ ॥
mere raam har jan kai hau bal jaiee ||
O my Lord, I am a sacrifice to the humble servants of the Lord.

ਕੇਸਾ ਕਾ ਕਰਿ ਚਵਰੁ ਢੁਲਾਵਾ ਚਰਣ ਧੂੜਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
kesaa kaa kar chavar ddulaavaa charan dhooR mukh laiee ||1|| rahaau ||
I make my hair into a fan, and wave it over them; I apply the dust of their feet to my face. ||1||Pause||

On 7/13/2022 at 2:44 AM, Singh375 said:

Saw this incredible artwork by jamiecooperartist 

Just WOW! ??

CA7BE9C3-4986-4089-BEB2-06522EA86BE2.jpeg.d8442431fab20208377473b977c8b302.jpeg

55077BE1-7F12-4E26-9C33-63C7B0EFC298.jpeg.a187cd6c7dce0e94173931247a3986a9.jpeg

Does this family like Nihang Singhs, looks like they were excluded from this Harimandir Sahib pic for more favoured personailities!

On 7/13/2022 at 2:46 AM, Singh375 said:

A closer look…

6E624705-2620-4663-92D1-BFF021F79716.jpeg.9e80fb01edb89cc61dc5d02383be1e7c.jpeg

Hopefully harmonium in harimandir Sahib pictures will be rare, it's good to see that pictures were created centuries back to represent proper sikh instruments and well done to Akal Takht jathedaar to start the process for kicking harmonium out from Harimandir Sahib. Good riddance to the colonial era of harmonium at Harimandir Sahib, a very bad representation the panth has made compared to how Guru Arjan Dev ji and sangat greatly promoted Tanti Saaj keertan in Harimandir Sahib.

15 hours ago, ssinghuk said:

It will do us better if we take a more positive attitude rather than picking negatives.

Its the first time I've seen something like this. I think its great! It shows unity between different groups of the Sikh panth. Many Mahapurkhs have said that squabbling on a jatha level is frowned upon "up there" and this work looks to fix this.

Yes, there are many other great GurSikhs Mahapurkh that have been left out. However, the GurSikhs included in the work are dependent on the sharda of the individual/family who has commissioned the work.

If possible, can we name all of the GurSikhs included in the work?

The obvious two are Sant Jarnail Singh Jee Bindrawale and Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh.

I think Bhai Rama Singh is in the panj pyarey behind Maharaj.

I really feel most of the "gur"sikhs in this pic come from a certain jatha, although there are a few other Singhs such as mahapurakh like baba Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale, I don't really see much panthic unity from this pic. That is just my viewpoint unfortunately...

I supposed the right hand side represents shaheed Singhs from the last century, and I am unsure about the Singhs near Guru Granth Sahib maharaj.

And I am very excited to see Tanti Saaj as a regular representation in Harimandir Sahib as was the case in puraatan times and pictures, as opposed to the archaic Harmonium.