Well that backfired! Indian minister, 48, drinks dirty water from 'holy' river polluted with sewage to show locals it's safe... before he's rushed to hospital after falling ill

Well that backfired! Indian minister, 48, drinks dirty water from 'holy' river polluted with sewage to show locals it's safe... before he's rushed to hospital after falling ill

• Bhagwant Mann, chief minister of Punjab was showing off clean river water
  • Mann bent over and filled a glass of water and drank it in front of supporters
  • A few days after drinking the glass , Mann complained of severe stomach pains

An Indian minister who drank a glass of dirty water from a 'holy' river to prove to locals it's safe has been hospitalised after falling ill. 

Bhagwant Mann, Chief Minister of Punjab, was airlifted to New Delhi after downing the polluted water from the Kali Bein.

Video showing Mann scooping up a glass of water and downing the filthy liquid has since gone viral. 

Bhagwant Mann, Chief Minister of Punjab, was beside a holy man when he decided to demonstrate the cleanliness of the river

Bhagwant Mann, Chief Minister of Punjab, was beside a holy man when he decided to demonstrate the cleanliness of the river

Mann confidentially bent over to fill his glass before publicly drinking the water taken straight from the river

Mann confidentially bent over to fill his glass before publicly drinking the water taken straight from the river 

A couple of days after drinking the water, Mann started to complain of a stomach ache. 

He was taken to the Apollo Indraprastha Hospital in Sarita Vihar and was admitted overnight . 

Medics said Mann had developed an infection and was treated by a multi-disciplinary team. 

According to New Indian Express, as soon as medics completed a range of tests on the minister before he was released from hospital.  

A couple of days after drinking the water, Mann started to complain of a stomach ache

A couple of days after drinking the water, Mann started to complain of a stomach ache

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10998687/Bhagwant-Mann-Chief-Minister-Punjab-falls-ill-drinking-polluted-river-water.html

Some of the comments:

tone101, Observerton, Denmark, 5 hours ago

These people seriously need an education in which a photocopier is not involved in the final exam. 

Oldvalues, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago

Clearly, a highly intelligent man, well suited to rule.

Youknowyourabogan, Melbourne, Australia, 7 hours ago

Poor guy. Everyone in the world knows not to drink that water but him.

visionary007, bournemouth, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago

So now the public can be sure the rivers water is not drinkable.

On 7/23/2022 at 9:08 PM, dallysingh101 said:

• Bhagwant Mann, chief minister of Punjab was showing off clean river water
  • Mann bent over and filled a glass of water and drank it in front of supporters
  • A few days after drinking the glass , Mann complained of severe stomach pains

An Indian minister who drank a glass of dirty water from a 'holy' river to prove to locals it's safe has been hospitalised after falling ill. 

Bhagwant Mann, Chief Minister of Punjab, was airlifted to New Delhi after downing the polluted water from the Kali Bein.

Video showing Mann scooping up a glass of water and downing the filthy liquid has since gone viral. 

A couple of days after drinking the water, Mann started to complain of a stomach ache. 

He was taken to the Apollo Indraprastha Hospital in Sarita Vihar and was admitted overnight . 

Medics said Mann had developed an infection and was treated by a multi-disciplinary team. 

According to New Indian Express, as soon as medics completed a range of tests on the minister before he was released from hospital.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10998687/Bhagwant-Mann-Chief-Minister-Punjab-falls-ill-drinking-polluted-river-water.html

Disgusting! He's also rolling out a new initiative to clean up Panjab's rivers.

The state of rivers in Panjab is very saddening. Ravi river is the most polluted in the world (although most of it falls in Pakistan today). 

1 minute ago, 5aaban said:

Disgusting! I heard he's rolling out a new initiative to clean up Panjab's rivers.

If this stunt is anything to go by......I'm wondering if he even has enough brains to understand what the problem is? 

Why don't we have smart, intelligent people as leaders? After all of the debacle of voting Badals for decades (and that too with bribes of alcohol), it looks like pendus would now vote anyone who is a minor celebrity (especially singers) into power?????? The mind boggles.   

The worlds getting more and more intense in various ways, if we keep voting dimwits and boliyan-paaing folks in, the writing is on the wall for us. 

On 7/23/2022 at 9:33 PM, dallysingh101 said:

If this stunt is anything to go by......I'm wondering if he even has enough brains to understand what the problem is? 

Why don't we have smart, intelligent people as leaders? After all of the debacle of voting Badals for decades (and that too with bribes of alcohol), it looks like pendus would now vote anyone who is a minor celebrity (especially singers) into power?????? The mind boggles.   

The worlds getting more and more intense in various ways, if we keep voting dimwits and boliyan-paaing folks in, the writing is on the wall for us. 

Our community really lacks educated/intellectual people. By educated, I don't mean having a PhD or speaking English but people who really understand our issues, how to approach them and think long term. 

Many of our people think about short term benefits. They seriously need to understand the long term implications of their actions and behaviour. 

Just now, 5aaban said:

Our community really lacks educated/intellectual people. By educated, I don't mean having a PhD or speaking english but people who really understand our issues, how to approach them and think long term. 

Organisations break down goals into 3 levels, strategic (very long term, and general), tactical (medium term and more specific actions and structures put in place) and operational (day to day activities that help realise the previous goals/aims). Our lot don't have ANY solid strategic goal let alone trying to put in place and develop norms in our society to realise them. 

Seems really thicko when you compare to other more developed people.    

On 7/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Organisations break down goals into 3 levels, strategic (very long term, and general), tactical (medium term and more specific actions and structures put in place) and operational (day to day activities that help realise the previous goals/aims). Our lot don't have ANY solid strategic goal let alone trying to put in place and develop norms in our society to realise them. 

Seems really thicko when you compare to other more developed people.    

Well explained. I can't emphasise this enough but majority of Panjabis/Sikhs are driven by short-term gains. Many of the problems facing Panjab's environment and people are a result of their own actions and lack of ability to focus on the long term future. 

6 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

Well explained. I can't emphasise this enough but majority of Panjabis/Sikhs are driven by short-term profits. Many of the problems facing Panjab's environment and people are a result of their own actions and lack of ability to think about the long-term future. 

I've had to do a shortish course lately, and I noticed how certain people in the class, are always trying to take the p1ss out of others and giggling. Then later on, when tests/exams come, you realise they have 'special needs' that make it really hard for them to pass without someone holding their hand. What, back when I was growing up, in less politically correct times, was referred to as being 'an 1diot' or a 'm0ron;'.  

I've worked with desis on and off quite a bit over the years. Most have exactly that same giggly, snide two-faced thing going on. I think we may have a high preponderance of 'special needs' people in our rural community? 

Tcob, Anywhere Uk, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago

I needed a laugh today thank you DM.

Julido59, The Free State of Florida, United States, 4 hours ago

I feel worse for thge folks who decided to do the same after they saw him do it.

Olschool, San Antonio, United States, 4 hours ago

In India even if you buy bottle water at a small store you have to turn in upside down and slightly squeeze it to see if they try and trick you because sometimes they super glue the cap back on but it will always leak.

Howie D, Manchester, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago

Are they not dead bodies, ashes, sewage etc in that water 

ErIichBachman, Palo Alto, United States, 4 hours ago

You can't make this stuff up... LOL!!!

Sablera, Reading, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago

Just demonstrates, yet again, that you need less than half a brain cell to be a politician these days

Logicthewise, Beer can, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago

You couldn't make it up!

Oskai, imber, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago

What a country

smariel, New York, United States, 4 hours ago

Well, in the end he did everyone a service by proving, very publicly, not to drink it. lol 

John Jackal, Nor Cal, United States, 5 hours ago

Having been to India many times for work and seeing what goes on there in the waterways I threw up a bit watching him drink that. You might as well dip a cup in a porta potty and take a swig. The only difference is the porta potty would have some disinfectant.

Inthecountry, Warminster, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago

Showing the "upside" of colonialism. 

katya, mugla, 5 hours ago

Omg I literally laughed aloud 

GCFalkirk, Falkirk, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago

Not the brightest move then! 

Schickofit, Stafford, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago

If you look in the dictionary for the word "stupid" it says "see him".

benito69, El Paso, United States, 5 hours ago

That is beyond stupid.... 

Jockspock, Halifax, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago

If you see this guy working behind a bar, give the drinks a miss. 

NoNever, Somerset, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago

Numpty! 

Usa1978, Usa, United States, 5 hours ago

You just cannot fix stupidity 

John, London, United Kingdom, 6 hours ago

And this man is trusted to be Chief Minister of such a large region? He shouldn't be allowed to operate a toaster unsupervised 

HypocrisyDestroys, HumanHypocrisyDestroysMuch, United States, 6 hours ago

Smaller country than China packed with far more people, where the majority of the worlds textiles are made, with nil/no more than needed pollution regulation and millions without modern plumbing and water treatment facilities. All hail their disgusting wealthy killing and sickening their own slave labor forces /people. The wealthy, whose very decisions anywhere in the word prove to cause the very impoverished problems they sneer/laugh at or ignore. 

bigrockomama, Mexico City, Gambia, 6 hours ago

Pure buffoonery 

Vicky, London, 6 hours ago

Brain cells 

null, 6 hours ago

Genius lol 

Kris-belg, London , United Kingdom, 6 hours ago

He clearly didn't become minister because of his intellect 

Savannah8, Nashville, United States, 6 hours ago

Hahahahaha. You cant make this up! 

Not God, Toronto, Canada, 7 hours ago

He was a comedian before he became Chief Minister. Drama king of the world.