Well that backfired! Indian minister, 48, drinks dirty water from 'holy' river polluted with sewage to show locals it's safe... before he's rushed to hospital after falling ill

On 7/23/2022 at 7:35 AM, 5aaban said:

Our community really lacks educated/intellectual people. By educated, I don't mean having a PhD or speaking English but people who really understand our issues, how to approach them and think long term. 

Many of our people think about short term benefits, they don't understand the long term implications of their actions. 

Our people should have never participated in that green revolution nonsense now we dont even have enough drinkable water. People talk about development when they wont even have drinkable water and good food in the future. 

On 7/23/2022 at 7:39 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Organisations break down goals into 3 levels, strategic (very long term, and general), tactical (medium term and more specific actions and structures put in place) and operational (day to day activities that help realise the previous goals/aims). Our lot don't have ANY solid strategic goal let alone trying to put in place and develop norms in our society to realise them. 

Seems really thicko when you compare to other more developed people.    

But they feel proud of themselves by making songs about how great they are and dancing around like clowns. Just look at the songs they release on youtube  and how they praise themselves to be the best people on the face of the planet. Literally what a joke. YouTube videos from punjab are full of either people telling other punjabis how to get out of punjab or songs about how great they are. Then they will talk about punjabis taking over the world? literally jokes. Just running all over the world doesnt mean you are going to take over the world.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:08 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Well that backfired! Indian minister, 48, drinks dirty water from 'holy' river polluted with sewage to show locals it's safe... before he's rushed to hospital after falling ill

• Bhagwant Mann, chief minister of Punjab was showing off clean river water
  • Mann bent over and filled a glass of water and drank it in front of supporters
  • A few days after drinking the glass , Mann complained of severe stomach pains

An Indian minister who drank a glass of dirty water from a 'holy' river to prove to locals it's safe has been hospitalised after falling ill. 

Bhagwant Mann, Chief Minister of Punjab, was airlifted to New Delhi after downing the polluted water from the Kali Bein.

Video showing Mann scooping up a glass of water and downing the filthy liquid has since gone viral. 

Bhagwant Mann, Chief Minister of Punjab, was beside a holy man when he decided to demonstrate the cleanliness of the river

Bhagwant Mann, Chief Minister of Punjab, was beside a holy man when he decided to demonstrate the cleanliness of the river

Mann confidentially bent over to fill his glass before publicly drinking the water taken straight from the river

Mann confidentially bent over to fill his glass before publicly drinking the water taken straight from the river 

A couple of days after drinking the water, Mann started to complain of a stomach ache. 

He was taken to the Apollo Indraprastha Hospital in Sarita Vihar and was admitted overnight . 

Medics said Mann had developed an infection and was treated by a multi-disciplinary team. 

According to New Indian Express, as soon as medics completed a range of tests on the minister before he was released from hospital.  

A couple of days after drinking the water, Mann started to complain of a stomach ache

A couple of days after drinking the water, Mann started to complain of a stomach ache

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10998687/Bhagwant-Mann-Chief-Minister-Punjab-falls-ill-drinking-polluted-river-water.html

The likes of this useless comedian and their pathetic families have ruined the image of sikhi. Sikhi gave them discipline and how to live their lives with honor but these people ruined everything and now they are nothing in this world. Literally punjabis without sikhi are a useless people.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:42 AM, 5aaban said:

Well explained. I can't emphasise this enough but majority of Panjabis/Sikhs are driven by short-term gains. Many of the problems facing Panjab's environment and people are a result of their own actions and lack of ability to think about the long-term future. 

This is what they are doing in Canada.

10 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

Our people should have never participated in that green revolution nonsense now we dont even have enough drinkable water. People talk about development when they wont even have drinkable water and good food in the future. 

The Green Revolution was anything but "green" long term.  Panjab had far more crop diversity prior, people had enough in their farms and never had to purchase chemical-infested fruit & veg from outside. Villages used to be very self-sustainable. 

Now, 2 or 3 crops have taken over all of Panjab, especially rice. I don't know why they don't realise Panjab doesn't have the environment nor water to manage it long-term. 

8 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

I've been trying explain that to people. The Green Revolution was anything but "green" long term. Talking to old people has revealed the crop diversity Panjab had prior to the revolution, people had enough in their farms and they never had to buy  fruit & veg from outside. Villages of Panjab used to be self-sustainable. 

Now, 2 or 3 crops have taken over all of Panjab, especially paddy. I don't know why they don't realise, Panjab doesn't have the environment nor water to manage long-term paddy growing. 

And top it all off most people in punjab dont even eat rice. It's mostly grown to feed the rest of those states most likely. Literally ruined our future due to that so called revolution.

24 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

And top it all off most people in punjab dont even eat rice. It's mostly grown to feed the rest of those states most likely. Literally ruined our future due to that so called revolution.

This map conveys it all. 

The states on the eastern side are more suitable for rice-growing and then there's Panjab, the lone one in the north west.  

image.png.ea7c276dba7e8e7b0fa5fb0cdd3db2b7.png

1 minute ago, 5aaban said:

This map conveys it all. 

The states on the eastern side are more suitable for rice-growing and then there's Panjab, the lone one in the north west.  

image.png.ea7c276dba7e8e7b0fa5fb0cdd3db2b7.png

what is surprising is that despite repeated warnings of Punjab becoming a desert, majority of the people dont care.  I guess this is what a dead conscience is.

1 minute ago, proudkaur21 said:

what is surprising is that despite repeated warnings of Punjab becoming a desert, majority of the people dont care.  I guess this is what a dead conscience is.

There's been efforts to diversify crops in Panjab. I heard the government offered MSP on other drops like lentils, but not many people took up the offer. 

2 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

There's been efforts to diversify crops in Panjab. I heard the government offered MSP on other drops like lentils, but not many people took up the offer. 

I dont think much is going to happen. People in the west open up centers of learning for various fields whereas back home in Punjab opening ielts centre is considered business lol. I don't keep my hopes high unless some miracle happens.