Plane Gurdwara's take over Panjab

5aaban

1 minute ago, proudkaur21 said:

and they are literally killing each other here in Canada. Have you seen how many young punjabis die in BC area? Joining gangs and then killing each other off. The hell are these people going to do for Sikhi or Punjab? And then dumb news reporter were calling these people Sikh.

Going in the west has actually damaged Sikhi more than benefiting it. Most children of immigrants will fully assimilate in a few generations, they won't speak Panjabi anymore or be Sikh (and many have already let go into the 2nd or 3rd generation). And since everyone is migrating, it will diminish Sikhi in Panjab further. 

10 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

and they are literally killing each other here in Canada. Have you seen how many young punjabis die in BC area? Joining gangs and then killing each other off. The hell are these people going to do for Sikhi or Punjab? And then dumb news reporter were calling these people Sikh.

Are they just knocking each other off, are they pointing that outwards at all? 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:50 PM, proudkaur21 said:

one would say oh the people suffer from poverty so they are desperate but you see well off people doing this stuff to go to foreign countries by any means possible.

Plenty of people suffer from poverty yet they appear much more content with life than some well-off people in Panjab.  

image.png.f8837bbad16e63dd472748b399a62efb.png

7 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

Going in the west has actually damaged Sikhi more than benefiting it. Most children of immigrants will fully assimilate in a few generations, they won't speak Panjabi anymore or be Sikh (and many have already let go into the 2nd or 3rd generation). And since everyone is migrating, it will diminish Sikhi in Panjab further. 

yup true. I dont think i have seen many 3rd generation sikhs here in Canada at all. What happened to the ones that came in 1900's? One of the person's family is completely white and even changed their last name to some white one. But liberal low iq sikhs will tell you this is okay. Then why does everyone get assimilated into whites only if love is blind? I never see these mixed people marry back into the poc side ever.

57 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Any ideas as to what the response should be (to Punjabis) when people like us comment negatively on these kind of occurrences? They make the - admittedly valid - argument that we're only in foreign lands because our fathers, grandfathers, etc., came over. They claim that we don't have a leg to stand on when we criticise current Indian behaviour. Any ideas?

It doesn't seem like any exchange of ideas is possible. Characteristically, they'll just say what they feel needs to be said, without any impact on their normal thinking or behaviour. 

If you bring up any social issues with them, I imagine like all sociopaths, they'll rapidly label you as a fudhoo in their heads.   

8 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

yup true. I dont think i have seen many 3rd generation sikhs here in Canada at all. What happened to the ones that came in 1900's? One of the person's family is completely white and even changed their last name to some white one. But liberal low iq sikhs will tell you this is okay. Then why does everyone get assimilated into whites only if love is blind? I never see these mixed people marry back into the poc side ever.

Many earlier immigrant groups are an example of this. How many 3rd generation immigrants of non-English European origins still speak their language? They're completely assimilated but since Panjabis can be considered "newer" immigrants, they still live under a false impression that their great-grandkids will speak Panjabi and be Sikh. These people think listening to Panjabi music makes them "Panjabi" even if they don't understand a word. 

1 minute ago, 5aaban said:

Many earlier immigrant groups are an example of this. How many 3rd generation immigrants of non-English European origins still speak their language, they're completely assimilated. These people think listening to Panjabi music makes them "Panjabi" even if they don't understand a word. 

Punjabis had sikhi for 500 years and did nothing. i think it is time to move on.

15 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

This reminds me of a Panjabi saying. The saying's a bit harsh if you know it (the Dhobi one, but it means you're left with no side to go to). Panjabi and Sikhi won't survive among most 3rd/4th generation Panjabis in the west and it will be decreasing in Panjab too due to rife immigration and people from other states coming in. So you're negatively impacted on both sides.