Canada Brampton Deport News|Canada Deport 119 Punjabi International Students|Canada Punjabi News|

proudkaur21

Why do the same pool of Sikh emigrants who go to European countries not chimp out over here? 

Is it the safety / comfort of being a proportionally larger minority in  a Canada that panders to Sikhs that gives them the confidence to throw their weight around? 

I've seen the same type of dead-eyed, predatory Sikh immigrant in the UK who could've easily gone to Canada, but when they come here they don't let out a peep.

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

However, the bulk of Keneda population is probably 20 years more established and the differences are far less and there is more similarities. So coming to somewhere like Surrey or Brampton there is less need to integrate and be on guard so they are more like themselves.

Opportunism. And they get upset when someone like me tells them they only know how to behave and contribute to society when there's a boot (figurative or otherwise) on their necks. Some of them grin and look sheepish because they know it's true. 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The more recent student migrants are not liked by the older migrants of Keneda. 

I have a relative who went "study based" and they mentioned that even in the gurdwaras that the older migrants do not know  why these "students " are in Keneda and they should go back to Punjab.

This is a gurdwara in Surrey. You cannot get more Sikh or theth Punjabi than Surrey BC (more so than in Punjab)

There is more open disgust  there than what is compared to the UK.

I recently met up with some old family I hadn't seen since I was a kid. They moved to Canada from the UK about 30 years ago, and they largely say the same stuff. I also think an element of social status / class has crept into these attitudes. Even the relatively recent (2010+) arrivals from Punjab who had a comfortable middle class existence in Punjab (headmasters, teachers, nurses, doctors, etc) definitely don't think too favourably of the gob5hite, pendu Moosewale lovers who've flocked to Canada. In fact, I'm seeing more of that old-school jaat discrimination being transferred to intra-jaat differences in places like Canada where inter-caste albeit equal-social-status marriage is on the rise at the expense of same-caste yet unequal-social-status being rejected. It seems when caste use to denote social standing in the old country, it was used to discriminate. But this has gradually given way in migrant diaspora communities to a form of class discrimination. Fascinating. Man always finds way of building boundaries.

9 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I recently met up with some old family I hadn't seen since I was a kid. They moved to Canada from the UK about 30 years ago, and they largely say the same stuff. I also think an element of social status / class has crept into these attitudes. Even the relatively recent (2010+) arrivals from Punjab who had a comfortable middle class existence in Punjab (headmasters, teachers, nurses, doctors, etc) definitely don't think too favourably of the gob5hite, pendu Moosewale lovers who've flocked to Canada. In fact, I'm seeing more of that old-school jaat discrimination being transferred to intra-jaat differences in places like Canada where inter-caste albeit equal-social-status marriage is on the rise at the expense of same-caste yet unequal-social-status being rejected. It seems when caste use to denote social standing in the old country, it was used to discriminate. But this has gradually given way in migrant diaspora communities to a form of class discrimination. Fascinating. Man always finds way of building boundaries.

It is the padhe likheh - non padhe likhe divide. 

Education has far bigger impact in Punjab in terms of social class. It is what I find triggers a lot of our people. 

I made a joke to a guy from Hoshiarpur saying that it should be re-name Befkoofpur and he then got offended and starts to mention that it is the most educated tehsil. 

An observation I have noticed particularly with our diaspora in North America is that if a Punjabi/Sikh migrant becomes pakkah and he gets married, his bride is typically more educated than he is.

This is anecdotal but I know of friends who live in the US and this guy's wife is more educated than he is. And he has children who are quite intellectual and academic as well and he finds it quite difficult to relate to them. He does his best but I get the feeling that he feels left behind.

14 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It is the padhe likheh - non padhe likhe divide. 

Education has far bigger impact in Punjab in terms of social class. It is what I find triggers a lot of our people. 

I made a joke to a guy from Hoshiarpur saying that it should be re-name Befkoofpur and he then got offended and starts to mention that it is the most educated tehsil. 

An observation I have noticed particularly with our diaspora in North America is that if a Punjabi/Sikh migrant becomes pakkah and he gets married, his bride is typically more educated than he is.

This is anecdotal but I know of friends who live in the US and this guy's wife is more educated than he is. And he has children who are quite intellectual and academic as well and he finds it quite difficult to relate to them. He does his best but I get the feeling that he feels left behind.

I don't think it is a class or education divide. Punjabis who came here way back in the 70s and 80s, their young sons are killing each other off at such young ages in BC. My mom makes similar comments as to what was the point of coming to Canada for a good life if your kids are just going to end up killing each other at such young ages. I mean these people who are joining gangs are definitely not going to unis for science, math degrees for sure. So it may seem like its a education divide but it just ends up being that the people mostly involved in this stuff are not really going to be highly educated. Personally my dislike for such behavior(whether from new comers or the ones born here) stems from the fact that these people have shunned the teachings of Sikhi from their life. Its alarming to see young men from your community dying and killing each other off and wasting their youth and future.

21 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

Punjabis have earned really bad reputation in Canada since past few years. Gang killings and violence In BC and then all this stuff in Ontario.

It crazy how bad punjabis are over there...gang killings back to back and there was a report few weeks ago most DANGEROUS gangster were apne munde mona .. all with 'Singhs' ...... today i saw basically Sexual assault 3 singhs with Kes dastars etc..

like wth is happening over there ..?! Punjabis are the Pakis UK in Canada

seriously so embarrassing  and shameful...yet we are waving Khalistan flags all over ..no wander they look at us a joke!

Having a bunch of low educated unmarried men come over from a third world country in large numbers is never bound to be a good idea. 

You see such men hanging around the street at night time in Southall.

The exception were the ones who came over in the 60s and 70s but the vast majority of them had wives and kids back in India and were family men with decent morals. 

1 hour ago, Kau89r8 said:

It crazy how bad punjabis are over there...gang killings back to back and there was a report few weeks ago most DANGEROUS gangster were apne munde mona .. all with 'Singhs' ...... today i saw basically Sexual assault 3 singhs with Kes dastars etc..

seriously so embarrassing  and shameful...yet we are waving Khalistan flags all over ..no wander they look at us a joke!

yup my mom and i saw the same news and my mum was like ehne besharam lok dastaar paayi hoyi hai and doing such heinous acts. But I don't think the one raising the flags are the ones doing all this. These people who are doing all this hardly care about sikhi or will contribute anything to Punjab's future. They are just in kaneda because others are going to kaneda not because they have some plans for the future or they want to do something for Punjab.

1 hour ago, Kau89r8 said:

Another guy got caught stealing a car in our city and had the last name Singh. Like the word Singh is just going to be associated with bad things now with all the happenings. Also when turban wearing "Punjabis" commit such crimes it affects the reputation of Sikhs way worse compared to some mona doing it because the turban is our identity.