Gangs of Hindu youths are ‘terrorising Muslims in Leicester

Premi5

3 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

You really are full of nonsense. The reason the Gujaratis came to Britain after being expelled from Africa was because they had British citizenship, no other reason. Many of them had to live in detention camps when they arrived! They did not uplift the image of Indians by selling saris and owning corner shops, something that Punjabis were doing where they were a majority anyway. 

I am talking from personal experience. 

The Punjabis were working in factories mostly. Mostly from villages. 

Opening a shop is seen as marginally better. Plus being peaceful they made a positive impact on the perception of Indians generally. 

Gujjus were also better qualified and hence became accountants too. 

The fact that they came with nothing is not because they had nothing as most had huge assets in Africa which they were forced to leave behind. 

The fact is that the Kenyian economy virtually collapsed and they invited the Indians to return with a promise if their assets back. 

If they were forced into detention camps it was not their fault. 

On 9/29/2022 at 12:11 PM, Suchi said:

I am talking from personal experience. 

The Punjabis were working in factories mostly. Mostly from villages. 

Opening a shop is seen as marginally better. Plus being peaceful they made a positive impact on the perception of Indians generally. 

Gujjus were also better qualified and hence became accountants too. 

The fact that they came with nothing is not because they had nothing as most had huge assets in Africa which they were forced to leave behind. 

The fact is that the Kenyian economy virtually collapsed and they invited the Indians to return with a promise if their assets back. 

If they were forced into detention camps it was not their fault. 

Look, the same points you made about Gujarati Kenyans, I can say the same thing about Sikh/Punjabi Kenyans. They were more educated on average than immigrants direct from India. 

I worked with a Gujarati from India and he told me that Gujaratis are not known for being educated. 

Compare Gujaratis from Kenya to Punjabis from Kenya and also Gujaratis from India to Punjabis from India. 

16 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Look, the same points you made about Gujarati Kenyans, I can say the same thing about Sikh/Punjabi Kenyans. They were more educated on average than immigrants direct from India. 

I worked with a Gujarati from India and he told me that Gujaratis are not known for being educated. 

Compare Gujaratis from Kenya to Punjabis from Kenya and also Gujaratis from India to Punjabis from India. 

Perceptions are not made using mathematics. They are created using various factors such as 

Population - the number of Gujaratis from Africa were huge compared to other Indians.