Sikhs are now the fastest growing major religious group in Canada.

Kau89r8

On 10/28/2022 at 2:37 PM, proudkaur21 said:

only around 5 % max are fully practicing sikhs for sure. Rest are just those who call themselves sikh but not really following the rehat at all. I mean i rarely see any sikh female here who has uncut hair. I see more men with kesh than women.

From what i see on social media, seems like the Nihangs are the ones who are really keeping Sikhi alive in the West. Rest is just typical Punjabi 'Sikhs'.. Singh/kaur in the name wearing kara and thats it 

Is it common to see men with kesh married/dating those who are not keeping kesh the females?

On 10/29/2022 at 2:02 AM, Kaurr said:

You should see some the arab muslims here bro. I had kids who would fast in primary school and now I see them (only 16-18 rn) all in bikinis, eating pork, not caring about islam but still calling themselves muslim. 

Arabs are different but most South Asians muslims like Pakistani are ..at least they keep their sins to themselves not flaunt for the world to see like us Punjabis 

On 11/6/2022 at 2:20 PM, ChardikalaUK said:

There are a lot of Sikh owned restaurants here in the London area which are halal. Remember money comes first to apne. 

Likewise, take a walk down Southall Broadway and you will see countless Sikh owned shops selling Islamic pictures of Mecca and head scarfs. Never in a million years will you see muslims selling Sikh related items. 

Its depressing actually to see this..i thought it was initially Afghani Sikhs but Punjabi are same with halal meat ..

thats being said there has been census that majority of Sikhs dont eat meat in India more so then hindus! 

1 hour ago, Kau89r8 said:

Its depressing actually to see this..i thought it was initially Afghani Sikhs but Punjabi are same with halal meat ..

thats being said there has been census that majority of Sikhs dont eat meat in India more so then hindus! 

Yes, but Sikhs outside of Punjab within India also eat meat, even some proportions of Amritdharis in other states in India eat meat at restaurants. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jassu said:

How do we convince our people to have more babies? Why tf we gotta care about money so much?

Personally, I think this can only come from a religious directive IF the religion itself is strong and hyper-focused on its own interests. Since we don't fulfil neither of these conditions, we'll follow personal or wider cultural trends which allow low birthrates.

Infertility rates are increasing around the world 

Sperm counts are dropping. 

Post vaccine Covid, birth rates have plummeted with increased rates of still births etc (not insinuating anything here hmm..hmm.)

Testosterone rates are dropping in men over the decades (apparently this is due to the increase in plastics and all those xeno-estrogens )

Currently the world population is 8 billion but I reckon this will drop in the next 50 years.

11 hours ago, Jassu said:

How do we convince our people to have more babies? Why tf we gotta care about money so much?

Anand Karaj at earlier ages instead of older ages.

6 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Infertility rates are increasing around the world 

Sperm counts are dropping. 

Post vaccine Covid, birth rates have plummeted with increased rates of still births etc (not insinuating anything here hmm..hmm.)

Testosterone rates are dropping in men over the decades (apparently this is due to the increase in plastics and all those xeno-estrogens )

Currently the world population is 8 billion but I reckon this will drop in the next 50 years.

So what makes certain communities increase fertility rate like those in African and Muslim countries?

13 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Anand Karaj at earlier ages instead of older ages.

So what makes certain communities increase fertility rate like those in African and Muslim countries?

Muslim countries fertility rates are dropping as well. Just not as fast as in western countries. 

It is subsaharan African countries that have increased significantly.  Likely because being the least developed and with immunisation that reduces child mortality.