Important for community to be aware of internal issues

dallysingh101

• 3 weeks later...

Surrey police are investigating reports of a sexual assault involving a 15-year-girl that happened at or in the area of the Gurdwara Dukh Nivaran Sikh temple located in the 15200-block of 68 Avenue in Newton. A 58-year-old temple employee has been. arrested, Surrey RCMP say.

Police investigate alleged sex assault of 15-year-old girl at Sikh temple in Surrey

Police say 58-year-old temple employee has been arrested

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/police-investigate-alleged-sex-assault-of-15-year-old-girl-at-sikh-temple-in-surrey/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 9:43 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Surrey police are investigating reports of a sexual assault involving a 15-year-girl that happened at or in the area of the Gurdwara Dukh Nivaran Sikh temple

One question I have is how these things happen at Gurdwaras. I mean, you go to the Gurdwara, matha tek, sit in sangat, get Prasadh and go home. Or get Langar.

At what point could you possibly be assaulted (I'm not saying it didn't happen). 

Are some children (unwisely) going into some of the various store or office rooms in various Gurdwaras? Never do that.

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

Are some children (unwisely) going into some of the various store or office rooms in various Gurdwaras? Never do that.

I used to do that all the time when I was a kid. The Gurdwara was a safe place for me. There is no question about it. We have to clean up any scum that have infiltrated and send a strong message out before we end up like the RC church. 

• 3 weeks later...