Decline of religion

Dsinghd

Religion is in decline in UK (and rest of world). In another century Atheism will dominate.

People don’t feel they need a religion to live by. 

All faiths are in identity crisis (even Islam).

I think the Khalsa will save this world - read Dasam Granth. Our Gurbani can compete with this.

3 hours ago, Dsinghd said:

Religion is in decline in UK (and rest of world). In another century Atheism will dominate.

I think the Khalsa will save this world - read Dasam Granth. Our Gurbani can compete with this.

In time, a spiritual vacuum could lead to people trying fill that void. Maybe what you mention above is more prevalent in the west? In other societies 'religion' plays a big part of life in multiple ways, in ways it doesn't in the secular west.  

Plus I'm increasingly inclined to see Sikhi as a dharam or more of a culture than a 'religion'. 

38 minutes ago, BhForce said:

How do you define religion, bro? Also, how do you define dharam?

(Btw, the root of culture is cult )

To me, religion has its roots in Abrahamic thought. It's very rule based and rigid like Sharia. It seems to revolve around duality.

Dharam, from what I understand from a Sikhi perspective, is more broad than that. Also, the primary focus on simran which is an open ended practice makes it different too.   

2 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

I think it comes down to this:

1. People don't want to live their life according to any rules or restrictions

2. People are very egotistical and feel that if their something outside of their realm of understanding, it must not be possible or must not exist

1. I don't agree. Most people need/want some sense of stability in their life that comes from various forms of discipline. It's just that they are selective about which ones they abide by. 

2. I think this is generally a western problem, or with those that have sociopathic tendencies to varying degrees which from my observations seem to erase any ability to grasp anything that isn't materially apparent. I guess from their perspective they are being purely practical and realistic?     

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

1. I don't agree. Most people need/want some sense of stability in their life that comes from various forms of discipline. It's just that they are selective about which ones they abide by. 

2. I think this is generally a western problem, or with those that have sociopathic tendencies to varying degrees which from my observations seem to erase any ability to grasp anything that isn't materially apparent. I guess from their perspective they are being purely practical and realistic?     

Really? Which rules/restrictions that are common in different religions are people happy to abide by?

On 2/19/2023 at 7:19 PM, Dsinghd said:

Religion has also become our political badge. Who we vote for what we stand for ect. 

All religions are definantly fading even Islam. Many Muslims like to put up a front that they are religious. But we all know that many from that faith engage in activities that are far from religious. 

I guess Islam will just take a little longer to fade then the rest.