Bhai Gurdaas Ji

AmardeepSingh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sumone Ji,

pray.gif

Could you help ssk with the translations // nr. 29? Could you post the translations of that particular // online, so all of us can get some knowledge.

(tell me if you are going to, as i was thinking of looking into Giani Narain Singh's Steek in about 2-4 days, but if you already got Dr Jodh Singh's translation..that would be better)

Gurfateh Ji!

Vaar 29

Pauri 13

houmai gurub nivaareeai gurumukh ridhai gureebee aavai

giaan muthee ghatt chaanunaa bhurum agiaan andhaer mittaavai

hoe nisaanaa tehi puvai dhurugehi maan nimaanaa paavai

khusumai soee bhaavudhaa khusumai dhaa jis bhaanaa bhaavai

bhaanaa munnai munneeai apunaa bhaanaa aap munaavai

dhuneeaa vich puraahunaa dhaavaa shadd rehae laa dhaavai

saadhusungath mil hukam kumaavai

Pauri 13 ( Accept the will of the Lord in the holy congregation)

Repudiating pride and ego a gurmukh should be humble. WIth the light of knowledge in his mind he should dispel darkness of ignorance and delusions. He should fall on the feet (of the Lord) in humility because only the humble are hounoured in the court of the Lord. Master also loves that man who loves the will of the master. One who accepts the will of God is accepted by one and all and then the lord himself helps people accept His will. The gurmukh understands that he is a guest in this world; that is why foregoing all claims, he lives without making any claim for himself. Being in the holy congregation, he acts in consonance with the commands of the Lord.

Vaar 29

Pauri 14

gur purumaesur eik jaan gurumukh dhoojaa bhaao mittaaeiaa

houmai paal tehaae kai thaal nudhee dhaa neer milaaeiaa

nudhee kinaarai dhuhu vulee eik dhoo paaraavaar n paaeiaa

rukhuhu ful thai ful rukh eik naao ful rukh sudhaaeiaa

shia ruthee eik sujh hai sujhai sujh n hor dhikhaaeiaa

raathee thaarae chumukudhae dhih churreeai kin aakh lukaaeiaa

saadhusungath eik man eik dhiaaeiaa

Pauri 14 ( Only one Lord adored in the holy congregation)

Accepting Guru and God as one, the gurmukh has erased the sence of duality. Knocking down the wall of ego, the gurmukh has united the pond (self) with the river (Brahm). Undoubtedly the river remains contained within its two banks neither one knowing the other. From tree thefruit and from fruit the tree are born and in fact both are one though they have different names. The sun is one in all the six seasons; knowing this, one does not think of different suns. At night the stars twinkle but with the break of day under whose command they hide themselves? (they automatically go and likewise with light of knowledge the darkness of ignorance is dispelled of its own). In the holy congregation, the gurmukhs adore the Lord with single minded devotion.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.
    • Good way of putting it, bro. One of the ongoing themes of Gurbani is the fake saint. Whether it's fake babas in Punjab or English-speaking personalities in the West, it's an continuing problem of religion through the centuries (and it's not exclusive to us by any means, this applies to all human societies).
    • First of all, while it's true that Gurbani says slandering a Saint has such-and-such effects, you can't do the reverse: You can't look and your situation and know for certain what caused it. We're not encouraged to mope over our situations but rather to accept the hukam (will). The last line of the very first pauri of Japji Sahib says to live in hukam: ਹੁਕਮਿ ਰਜਾਈ ਚਲਣਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਨਾਲਿ ॥੧॥ hukam rajāī chalanā nānak likhiā nāl .1. O Nanak! By obeying, the pre-ordained order of the Lord's will. Secondly, the astpadhi from which you quoted the Sant ka dokhi verses has this verse at the end: ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਆਪਨ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ jis nō kripā karai tis āpan nām dēi . God gives His Name to those unto whom He shows His mercy. So ask for his mercy. Also check out the 7th Astpadi, which talks about the good effects of the sangat of a Sadhu: https://khojgurbani.com/shabad/271/709?highlighted_scripture_id=12007&highlighted_scripture_lang=gurmukhi&selected_content=gurbani I'm not getting into who is a "true" Sadhu in this post.
    • In langar it should be common sense for peopel to find a suitable space to sit. Normally in my local Singh Sabha gurdwara, there is enough space to sit, so I am able to find a space with enough space away from other people. There have been a few times, where there has been a lot of sangat and I have been forced onto a table.  In Slough and Southall Singh Sabha, Park Avenue, I will just sit near another group of men unless I am with family, but again there shouldn't be strict gender separation and instead common sense logic.
    • Yeh I could do to be honest. It's not really chardikala to be coming from the diwan hall and then sangat putting on shoes to go langar. I like sitting in the gurdwara with family, and there are spaces for this in bigger gurdwaras such as Slough, Southall, Coventry. In my current local area gurdwaras this is not really possible for weekly sangat, and also not for sangrand and gurpurb. Need to complain about these tendikalaUK practices  to be UK chardikala Singhs! 

Important Information

Terms of Use