Bhai Gurdaas Ji

AmardeepSingh

Guest noonespecial

Sumone Jeeo!

Thank you..

but I think we have our signals messed up. On the ALLABOUTSIKHS website the 14th Pauri of the 29th Vaar is as follows..

loon saahib dhaa khaae kai ran andhar larr marai s jaapai||

sir vadtai hathheeaar kar vareeaamaa variaam sinjaapai||

this pishhai jo eisatharee thhap thhaeee dhae varai saraapai||

pothai puth vaddeereean paravaarai saadhhaar paraapai||

vakhathai oupar larr marai anmrith vaelai sabadh alaapai||

saadhhasangath vich jaae kai houmai maar marai aap aapai||

larr maranaa thai sathee hon guramukh panthh pooran parathaapai||

sach sidhak sach peer pashhaapai ||aa||

Please....(ahem)...if you don't mind....heh heh...

Thank you,

your forever grateful brother (with no shame),

****** Singh.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sorry..about that.. blush.gif just that in the translation book..the pauri you were looking for is under Vaar 30.. :wub:

forgive me for my mistakes jee

Vaar 30

Pauri 14 (Truth, the true Sikh, the true Guru)

True is he who is true to the salt of his master and dies fighting for him in the battlefield. One who beheads the enemy with his weapon is known as brave among the warriors. His bereaved woman is established as sati the whole family becomes exalted. One who dies fighting in the hour of peril and recites the Word in the ambrosial hour is known as the true warrior. Going to teh holy congregation and effacing his desires, he wipes out his ego. Dying while fighting in battle and maintaining of the control over the sences is the grand path of the gurmukhs. In whom you repose your full faith is known as the true Guru.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.
    • Good way of putting it, bro. One of the ongoing themes of Gurbani is the fake saint. Whether it's fake babas in Punjab or English-speaking personalities in the West, it's an continuing problem of religion through the centuries (and it's not exclusive to us by any means, this applies to all human societies).

Important Information

Terms of Use