Do anybody know why we jap Vaheguru

17 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Also, although Gurmantar is obviously important, and has been given to us for a reason(s). I don't think we should treat it like some people treat mantars like some 'magic incantations' to manipulate situations. It's like what we've been given as a doorway to connect to naam. 

I do believe the four-syllabic aspect of our Gurmantar is significant though, there is something about meditating to that. 

There is too much to learn from Guru Granth Sahib Ji, people spend so much time reciting one paath instead if trying to understand.  I keep hearing people say do your nitnem and you will be ok , but there is soo much to learn. 

Just now, redoptics2013 said:

There is too much to learn from Guru Granth Sahib Ji, people spend so much time reciting one paath instead if trying to understand.  I keep hearing people say do your nitnem and you will be ok , but there is soo much to learn. 

That don't ever end. That's why we are called 'Sikh' - look up the meaning of the word in Panjabi.........

Wait to till you get a load of Dasam Granth too.....wow!!!!