Islam has become Redpilled in the West...Everyone is converting to Islam

Kau89r8

7 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It's a nice Gurdwara but there does seem to be a cult like feel to the place. I have done naam simran there and the way it is done feels a bit eerie. 

That is just my opinion.

Might have felt errie to you because it is so many miles away from the protestant/victorian influenced thing you grew up with? 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Might have felt errie to you because it is so many miles away from the protestant/victorian influenced thing you grew up with? 

No.

I have done naam simran in many other gurdwaras but the way they do it in that gurdwara is very strange.

Not even the AKJ does naam simran the way these guys do it.

The darbar Hall Is absolutely huge. You can have 200 people seated and it feels empty. Maharaj is on a very high platform.

I understand that there are many ways of naam jaap but the manner of the naam jaap feels very cult like.

If anything the Protestant/Victorian's would approve of it. It is done in a very robotic manner. 

If you don't believe me, you should go there yourself.

37 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I understand that there are many ways of naam jaap but the manner of the naam jaap feels very cult like.

In which way? It being coordinated more than is usual? I don't see anything too different from AKJ except it seems less exuberant?  We've all seen strange stuff posted from there over the years. 

If anything the Protestant/Victorian's would approve of it. It is done in a very robotic manner. 

I was talking about those who've grown up under that victorian/protestant influenced 'Sikhism'  thing i.e. Singh Sabha, not the actual victorian protestants. Many of those people who grow up under this seem to have imbibed that western disease of obsessive 'standardisation' and being fearful of anything that diverges from their hotch-potch ideology.

I guess if someone does steady simran, rhythmically it could characterised as 'robotic' but I think this is a very narrow-minded way of looking at lt. I agree we need to watch out for cult like tendencies though, but from what I can see, the focus on simran as opposed to social interaction and politics, is a great idea to get people to actually practice and experience some form of simran - which, ironically,  is rarely done in Gurdwaras. It would be a great introduction, with people (hopefully) continuing the practice individually as well. So it can go in other ways too.       

If you don't believe me, you should go there yourself.

Planning to. 

6 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

In which way? It being coordinated more than is usual? I don't see anything too different from AKJ except it seems less exuberant?  We've all seen strange stuff posted from there over the years. 

I was talking talking about those who've grown up under that victorian/protestant influenced 'Sikhism'  thing i.e. Singh Sabha, not the actual victorian protestants. Many of those people who grow up under this seem to have imbibed that western disease of obsessive 'standardisation' and being fearful of anything that diverges from their hotch-potch ideology.

I guess if someone does steady simran, rhythmically it could characterised as 'robotic' but I think this is a very narrow-minded way of looking at lt. I agree we need to watch out for cult like tendencies though, but from what I can see, the focus on simran as opposed to social interaction and politics, is a great idea to get people to actually practice and experience some form of simran. It would be a great introduction with people continuing the practice individually as well (hopefully). So it can go in other ways too.       

Planning to. 

If you ever watched Star Trek and know of the Borg and they did Naam Simran, that is what it sounds like.

2 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If you ever watched Star Trek and know of the Borg and they did Naam Simran, that is what it sounds like.

If you think some fictional practice, in some nerdy sci-fi series reflects the experience of Naam simran, mate you're going seriously wrong. 

I don't know what they were doing in that crappy series, but I'm 100% sure it wasn't Naam simran.......

16 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

If you think some fictional practice, in some nerdy sci-fi series reflects the experience of Naam simran, mate you're going seriously wrong. 

I don't know what they were doing in that crappy series, but I'm 100% sure it wasn't Naam simran.......

Once you hear it, you will know what I mean.